Navigation issue.

youngti

:
CX-5 GT Soul Red
Recently i had to do a route from my home in Fairfield, CA to a street in San Francisco. I expected the route to take me directly over the bay bridge. I didn't have any "dont use roads" set and had it set to shortest route. I just updated the NAV system with the last update (not sure of the update number). Typical time would be about an hour or so and about 45-50 miles.

However, for some reason the Nav system wanted to route me around the bay, down to San Jose and up the peninsula to SF. A 120mile route and about 3 hours. What the heck, has anybody else had this issue with the NAV system? And if yes what did you do about it.

I ended up using my Android auto and google maps which worked fine. But i really like the nav on the HUD. Which is not available when you use Android auto.

I don't know about the US version but the UK version of MZD is rubbish. It constantly takes me off the Motorway (Freeway), sends me 6 or 7 miles down another road, round the next roundabout and back up the the same motorway junction I have just exited from. I have complained to my dealer & all I get is nods & smiles. It doesn't pick up traffic congestion or closed roads, if there was congestion it tells me when the road is clear which means by the time they have updated on the system all is cleared and quite often several hours earlier. I sat in one queue last Summer for nearly 2 hours, not a hint on my screen, yet 7 hours later when I took the same route home in the middle of the night, told me there as a hold-up.

Recently i had to do a route from my home in Fairfield, CA to a street in San Francisco. I expected the route to take me directly over the bay bridge. I didn't have any "dont use roads" set and had it set to shortest route. I just updated the NAV system with the last update (not sure of the update number). Typical time would be about an hour or so and about 45-50 miles.

However, for some reason the Nav system wanted to route me around the bay, down to San Jose and up the peninsula to SF. A 120mile route and about 3 hours. What the heck, has anybody else had this issue with the NAV system? And if yes what did you do about it.

I ended up using my Android auto and google maps which worked fine. But i really like the nav on the HUD. Which is not available when you use Android auto.

What about the AVOID TOLLS setting?

I have the US version and find it works well. When going from NJ to Myrtle Beach it always seemed to be spot on. Also, during the trip it will be give me updates on new routes and ask if I want to take them (not sure why it does that). Check you settings, something doesn't sound right. (make sure its is set to the fastest route and ok to take toll roads)

I have the US version and find it works well. When going from NJ to Myrtle Beach it always seemed to be spot on. Also, during the trip it will be give me updates on new routes and ask if I want to take them (not sure why it does that). Check you settings, something doesn't sound right. (make sure its is set to the fastest route and ok to take toll roads)

We don't have many Toll Roads in the UK fortunately. One thing that keeps appearing though is the notice "special permissions required," what special permissions? There aren't any!

I was set up on "Fastest Route" and it was far worse; now on "Easy Route" which is better. Trouble with fastest route it doesn't appreciate some of our country roads are very narrow and quite often would send me down a lane with grass in the middle and door mirrors scraping the hedges to save about a minute. Another thing that needs disabling is "Historical" as will tell me about a road than is busy at certain times. For example the road out of a city can be busy on a Monday afternoon at 5:15 pm, so it suggests I avoid; however if the Monday was a national holiday or even Christmas Day still tells me there are hold-ups on an empty road. The only times I get updates it tells me to leave the road I'm on, sends me round in a loop and puts me back onto the same road in the same place. When I mentioned it to my dealer I was told; "oh yeah, they do that!"

I think the problem is worse with the UK version, but I may be wrong.

I use it quite a bit and occasionally have issues. Like any technology. It doesn't drive me absolutely mad like it does some.
Never really routing issues though. Works well there. Not having a destination some times. or the other day, not being able to find a numbered street.
I hit West 1... and couldn't pick another number... I had to scoll 70 lines to get to 170th.
That was odd... just used the phone at that point.

Back