USB ports on 2019 CX-9 GT

nitrous_nit

:
Mazda CX9 GT
Would anyone know what the amps for the USB ports on these new 2019 cx9 are?

I had a 2017 Mazda 6 GT and I had to get one of those anker cig lighter charger for a more powerful charge.

Thanks

The 2019 comes with AA/ACP, so the USB hub in the armrest should be upgraded to the 2.1 amp hub.

Thanks, any source for this?

So the rear seats still only provide a mere 1A?

Part of the AA/ACP installation is a mandatory update of the USB hub in the armrest to the 2.1 amp version. Thus, if the car comes with AA/ACP, it will have the upgraded hub. Mazda Canada states that the 2019 CX-9 comes with AA/ACP, you may want to confirm with the Mazda USA site.

I believe the rear seat USB hub has always been 2.1 amps, though I've never had to use it so I can't be 100% sure. All I know is that people have only complained about the hub in the front armrest, not the hub in the rear.

Part of the AA/ACP installation is a mandatory update of the USB hub in the armrest to the 2.1 amp version. Thus, if the car comes with AA/ACP, it will have the upgraded hub. Mazda Canada states that the 2019 CX-9 comes with AA/ACP, you may want to confirm with the Mazda USA site.

I believe the rear seat USB hub has always been 2.1 amps, though I've never had to use it so I can't be 100% sure. All I know is that people have only complained about the hub in the front armrest, not the hub in the rear.

This is my first cx9, so i didnt know the rear already had 2.1A.

Also, my display system shows AA/ACP, but its greyed out, so im assuming the car came with it, if it shows?

Also, my display system shows AA/ACP, but its greyed out, so im assuming the car came with it, if it shows?

You may want to check with the dealer you're purchasing from. I think if you're seeing it greyed out, that means that your infotainment's firmware has been updated for AA/ACP. Ensure your phone has AA or ACP installed and working, then connect your phone to the car using the USB hub in the armrest. If the car still doesn't recognize it or the display is still greyed out, I'd get the dealer to look at it (or wait for someone who actually has AA/ACP to comment in this thread). Good luck

Correct, rear passenger charge ports were higher current outputs, my kids used these to charge their ipads and they were much, much faster than the ones up front on my 2017

Back