Mazda 5 needs some fender rolling!

:
Mazda 5
Did a couple of things lately. Yesterday Dynamat went into the wheel well and power steering oil flush...
Meanwhile ordered some cheap Chinese fender roller for $25. Only rolled one fender today, will do the rest later this week!
33ekjfq.jpg

20gkx8i.jpg

No heatgun needed to ensure paint doesn't crack?

Rear takes a bit more work- and rear is where the rolling is really needed when you start cranking up the tire width. The lips on mine measured a good 17-19mm straight in towards the center of the car from the fender lip. 235/45 on 17x7 +55 wheel setup scraped the rear lips like crazy.

But. Your rolling job looks pretty awesome.

my new wheels are 18x8 ET42 and will order some 215-45-18. Shouldn't be a problem for now, but no one knows if I will want some 19s and 235s later on lol

The problem with fender rolling is the wheel liner tabs won't fit anymore, you will need some duct taping to make sure it won't fall out

True- but you can roll the center more than the sides of the arc, and keep more tabs than you normally would if you rolled the whole thing flat. I like to keep the fender lip intact while folded so I can tuck the liner into it without fasteners. Works decently well to hold it in place.

Latest posts

Back