Mazda CPO coverage and changing own oil?

:
2016.5 CX5 Touring
I have a CPO CX5 and I want to change my own oil. The local dealer is kinda costly for an oil change.

I was wondering if I buy the right oil and change it myself if that voids the warranty?

What is the best oil? I can use regular synthetic oil and go 7500 miles correct? It seems the oil life was set to be changed in like 3k miles from the dealer I bought it from. I guess the computer can be changed in the car?

0W-20 is the right weight?

Yes you can change your own oil. Keep receipts.
7500 / 5000 is recommended. 5000 if you do a lot of short trips, like me. 10 mile commute.

Ha! Fellow Clevelander?
You can but since you're saving so much why not get a name brand?

Easiest car to change oil I have had. Position of the filter makes it simple. I go every 5k.

I don't understand what the obsession about oil is! Is this the correct weight? Is this the correct amount? Is this the correct type? If I change my own oil will it void the warranty,etc.? I remember the days of click and clack the tappet brothers on PBS. If you're worried about the warranty have it changed by the dealer or some other garage and keep the receipts. After that it doesn't make much difference. The manufacturer of the oil doesn't matter. The type does to a small degree because synthetic is better than dino. The Germans during the great war invented synthetic because they were running out and it was much better than regular. How often you change has the greatest effect because what causes wear is the carbon deposits that build as the age does. However changing it every 3k miles doesn't make sense it only puts money in the pockets of the ones who manufacture it, sell it and change it. Most manuals today recommend 7500 miles but you can stretch that also.I use the cheapest synthetic I can find usually 5w20 or closer because it meets certain specs warranted and I change mine at 10 k miles because it's easier to remember when I reach it. No I don't change my own anymore because I'm old and getting down and up is hard on a bad hip and knee. I buy the oil and have it changed using my oil (it's usually less than what they charge) and they're filter. I also instruct the garage to dump the whole 5 quarts in because .2 quarts isn't going to make a differenceWith that said I guess there will be a lot of negative responses.

It is probably just advertising, but the cheaper cheap oil shows it is only 2 stars on the back, and the 'Advanced' shows 4 stars on the back. It makes one think the cheaper cheap oil isn't good. Look at the back of each of these Super Tech oil jugs:

Cheaper cheap oil
Cheap Oil

Back