Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dink Paranoia

2019 Signature CX-5 Black Mica

Quote Originally Posted by mox44ah View Post
    I took mine to NYC to a Yankees game a few months back. Parked in the Bronx and was worried the entire game about someone scratching a door or bumper while trying to park. Thankfully I came out of the game and all was good. However, my girl asked me to give her friend a ride home. We didn't have enough room so she had to ride all the way in the back. Then when she climbed out she put a big ol' scratch on the top of the bumper with her high heel!!! Never would have thought her first scratch/ding would come from a damn shoe.
    I that sucks! I have clear gaurd applied to the top if the rear bumper in addition to the usual problem areas. Door edges and door handle cups are other areas I had clear guard applied.

Registered Member

2018 CX 5 TOURING

What I hate is the beat up pick up truck that decides to park right next to you.

Having said that, the only scratches I've gotten in six months have been self inflicted, learning to get in and out of my tight garage - sure wish I had those auto folding mirrors!

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by SignatureCX5 View Post
    I that sucks! I have clear gaurd applied to the top if the rear bumper in addition to the usual problem areas..
    What guard did you use?
    2018 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2016 Mazda CX-5 T -- sold
    2015 Yamaha FZ09 (Melisandre)
    2012 Yamaha R6 (Lucy) -- laid to rest
    2009 Mazda 3 (Fireball)
    1998 Chevy S-10 (Cindy)

2019 Signature CX-5 Black Mica

The clear guard is the plastic film that is also used to protect the nose of the car. The product my installer uses is called premiun shield.

Registered Member

2016 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Deep Crystal Blue Mica

Quote Originally Posted by MyFirstMazda View Post
    I had an old car and I didn't care about getting dinks. I parked anywhere. I am courteous and I have never dinked anyone elses's car. But now I have dink paranoia. I park far away in parking lots, I try to park next to a non parking spot so only one side is in danger, I go to stores on off hours. Right now I don't have a single dink but it will happen, it always does. There are so many careless people out there with giant doors and whipping them open. Do any of you guys have this disease too? Did anyone get a dink?
    I have the disease - even now after 3 years I park in a paranoia fashion lol. I don't have any dings in my doors but I have a couple dings in the hood. Impossible to avoid those unless I just don't drive the car.

Registered Member

2007 Mazda 3 5-door

Quote Originally Posted by Young-nyc View Post
    the funny thing is.
    I try to park my car a little far away or a few spaces away,
    I ALWAYS seem to find another car parked RIGHT next to me, even when there's plethora of spots on the lot...wtf is that?? haha
    Iíll give you my theory on that. If youíre going to be parked a while, the other spots could fill up and you donít know who is going to park next to you (big trucks, giant rusty Ď80s Cadillacs, minivans with kids who arenít careful with doors, etc.). So if you see one or two nicer cars, you park next to or between them because you think, having nice cars they donít want dinged themselves, they will also be a lot more careful when opening doors and driving away, leaving your car at lower risk.

Registered Member banjos-n-beer's Avatar

2014 QX70 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Iíll give you my theory on that. If youíre going to be parked a while, the other spots could fill up and you donít know who is going to park next to you (big trucks, giant rusty Ď80s Cadillacs, minivans with kids who arenít careful with doors, etc.). So if you see one or two nicer cars, you park next to or between them because you think, having nice cars they donít want dinged themselves, they will also be a lot more careful when opening doors and driving away, leaving your car at lower risk.
    Gotta give that theory an 11.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    minivans with kids who arenít careful with doors
    I'm the same way. If I pull into a parking space and see signs of kids in the back seat of the car I park next to (toys, car seats, etc.), I move to a different spot. I just envision a bunch of kids throwing the car door open, or a stressed out mom trying to strap a bunch of rug rats into car seats and not paying attention.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 CX5 SE-L Nav+ 2WD 2.2D 150hp Auto

I agree and I don't think it's paranoia, it's just using common sense which unfortunately appears to be a rarity (in the UK at any rate).
    Last edited by Jonno21; 12-29-2018 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Common sense comment

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT PP

Well crap, driving to the dealer today to get CarPlay installed on my week-old CX-5, I'm on the highway from Boulder to Longmont doing about 45 mph when I hear a loud BUMP. Looking in the rear view mirror, I see a 2'-long piece of 2x4 board careening off. When I inspect, there's a 2"-long horizontal dent in the center of the drivers door of my car that has less than 400 miles on it! Grrrr.

Fortunately, using Google-fu, I find a superb paintless dent repair in Longmont (Big Bear, highly recommended!) who had it fixed in about an hour. Unless you know where to look and get real close, you can't tell anything happened.

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by COmtn View Post
    Well crap, driving to the dealer today to get CarPlay installed on my week-old CX-5, I'm on the highway from Boulder to Longmont doing about 45 mph when I hear a loud BUMP. Looking in the rear view mirror, I see a 2'-long piece of 2x4 board careening off. When I inspect, there's a 2"-long horizontal dent in the center of the drivers door of my car that has less than 400 miles on it! Grrrr.

Fortunately, using Google-fu, I find a superb paintless dent repair in Longmont (Big Bear, highly recommended!) who had it fixed in about an hour. Unless you know where to look and get real close, you can't tell anything happened.
    Aww man. That sucks! Hopefully you got all the bad luck out of the way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123