2020 Cx-5 due for refresh facelift?

I think they have to react sooner then later. Especially with the rav 4 going to eat all the sales with their new model.

I personally think they will widen it some and have a grill similar to the 2019 Mazda 3. The grill right now isnt wide enough so its a little on the round side of aesthetics.

I think they have to react sooner then later. Especially with the rav 4 going to eat all the sales with their new model.

I personally think they will widen it some and have a grill similar to the 2019 Mazda 3. The grill right now isn*t wide enough so it*s a little on the round side of aesthetics.

I don't get why people think the Rav4 is such a smashing success. It looks like a 4 year old Subaru, with the handling performance to match. And honestly, its sales are already so good, I doubt they could get much higher.

The SUV of the future is the 2020 Nissan Rogue.

I don't get why people think the Rav4 is such a smashing success. It looks like a 4 year old Subaru, with the handling performance to match. And honestly, its sales are already so good, I doubt they could get much higher.

The SUV of the future is the 2020 Nissan Rogue.

If dont understand why its a success just look at their current sales for a ugly SUV. It outsells the CX-5 4:1.

So while you might not agree the general public does and the sales prove that out.

The rogue also sells just as good if not better then the rav 4 so there thats. But its still a Nissan.

the way Mazda is going, i feel they will definitely increase their sales and take away some customers from Toyota and Nissan,
People are slowly but surely learning about Mazda.

I have a close friend who loves mazdas, but he wants to go with Toyota because he needs a HYBRID to maximize his MPG for his daily commute.
Now when Mazda starts producing hybrid/ electric vehicles, i'm sure their customer base will grow even larger.

If don*t understand why it*s a success just look at their current sales for a ugly SUV. It outsells the CX-5 4:1.

So while you might not agree the general public does and the sales prove that out.

The rogue also sells just as good if not better then the rav 4 so there that*s. But it*s still a Nissan.

If don*t understand why it*s a success just look at their current sales for a ugly SUV. It outsells the CX-5 4:1.

The rogue also sells just as good if not better then the rav 4 so there that*s. But it*s still a Nissan.

No, that is the current old model. It is the best selling CUV (or one of them). My point is that the new RAV4 is nothing special and I don't think will dramatically improve sales- it almost can't get much better!

That is my point.

i guess if you're already at the top, you can only go down from there..haha

No, that is the current old model. It is the best selling CUV (or one of them). My point is that the new RAV4 is nothing special and I don't think will dramatically improve sales- it almost can't get much better!

That is my point.

Ah. Copy that. I was more referring to the .5 update. Didn't realize only 16 had those lights. Also a new radio isn't really a complete redesign. [emoji1787]

Toyotas are nothing special in my opinion. But they have rabidly loyal customers who will keep buying them and not even looking at anything else. So as long as they keep being reasonably reliable that will continue and they need to be that great. It just needs to not suck. I dont mind the looks of the new RAV4. What I dont get is why everyone thinks the new Camry and Corolla look good. To me its like 90s Pontiac trying way to hard to look sporty. I bet its dated pretty fast.

haha, actually the interior has definitely been improved on the facelift not limited to just the radio, the center console is different.

Ah. Copy that. I was more referring to the .5 update. Didn't realize only 16 had those lights. Also a new radio isn't really a complete redesign. [emoji1787]

I just want the rear view mirror from the RAV4. Although I wrongly thought Toyota was the first to do that. In fact, Cadillac was.

I just want the rear view mirror from the RAV4. Although I wrongly thought Toyota was the first to do that. In fact, Cadillac was.

what's the interest in this mirror? Haven't seen one, please share. Although i do really like the new frameless ones on the signature.

Getting back OT...

I wouldnt expect big changes for 2020. Its worth noting that Mazda advertises its new Alabama plant as the place where itll produce a new crossover SUV when it opens in 2021. No one is sure what that itll be, but I wonder if they mean the all new 3rd gen CX-5.

I bet its a new model altogether. Something slotted to compete with stuff like the Edge and Murano is my guess.

I bet it*s a new model altogether. Something slotted to compete with stuff like the Edge and Murano is my guess.

i hope they don't dilute the model lineup like MB and BMW.
It was much simplier with BMW when they had the 3,5,7 series and the X3, X5
now it's all over the friggin place. But that just shows how much interest there is with BMW's, they are trying to catch all demographics.

Getting back OT...

I wouldn*t expect big changes for 2020. It*s worth noting that Mazda advertises its new Alabama plant as the place where it*ll produce a new crossover SUV when it opens in 2021. No one is sure what that it*ll be, but I wonder if they mean the *all new* 3rd gen CX-5.

Or the American version of the CX-4, which is made in China for the Chinese market. Can't import it so just make it here!

I think a CX-7 is more likely but agree its possible. I mean even just making the CX-5, their best seller, here vs importing it from Japan would help their margins greatly.

I would hope they will offer a Parchment or gray seat, side panel & headliner color for that beautiful light blue exterior in the R version. Sick of black, dark brown closed-in feeling I get from dark interior. Ed

To me Parchment seems like a bad idea. Whats that going to look like after a few years? I really do like the browns they have been using lately in the 6.

yes true, but hate to say it...will this compromise on the quality?
I mean i did see Gung Ho, and it doesn't give me good hope =P

I think a CX-7 is more likely but agree it*s possible. I mean even just making the CX-5, their best seller, here vs importing it from Japan would help their margins greatly.

Back