Transmission doesnt know Im in park !

:
2017 CX-5 Touring with I-Activesense in Eternal Blue Mica
Transmission doesnt know Im in park !

At first rarely and now frequently , when I turn the engine off on my 2017 Touring, I get a message when I open my door to exit the vehicle that the ignition is still on and I need to move shift lever to P position when I already * am* in park. (Engine turns off but ignition stays on.)

This puts me in a catch 22 where I cant actually turn the ignition off, I can only start the engine again. The only way to clear the problem is to start the engine back up, re-position the transmission etc. numerous times until I luckily can finally turn it off. I cant see any pattern of what triggers it, or what resolves it

Obviously this is urgent, taking to the dealer today, but just curious if anyone else had this issue. (I took a video to prove it to the dealer.)

How odd to hear from a Gen 2, because it sounds very similar to a problem us Gen 1 folks with the gated shifter had with the AT shifter switch wearing out. That said, the replacement part was a revised part, so I would have thought that issue was a thing of the past.

I don't know for sure if it's the same thing, it's probably not, but our issue was that you put the shifter in "P" and tried to turn off the car, it would stay turned on into accessory mode and not turn off all the way. Sounds kinda similar to yours.

See: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...ue-any-ideas&p=6596873&viewfull=1#post6596873

How odd to hear from a Gen 2, because it sounds very similar to a problem us Gen 1 folks with the gated shifter had with the AT shifter switch wearing out. That said, the replacement part was a revised part, so I would have thought that issue was a thing of the past.

I don't know for sure if it's the same thing, it's probably not, but our issue was that you put the shifter in "P" and tried to turn off the car, it would stay turned on into accessory mode and not turn off all the way. Sounds kinda similar to yours.

See: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...ue-any-ideas&p=6596873&viewfull=1#post6596873

Sounds like the same symptoms. Anyway, its at the dealer now should have it back tomorrow will report back

Still waiting to get the car back ...they cant consistently reproduce the problem so they claim that Mazda wont reimburse them for the repair bless they do. Fortunately i have another CX 5 as a loaner so Im not tooo put out

A bit late but did you ever get this resolved?

I had this exact same issue when my phone was plugged in and charging. Unplug the phone and it worked.

Back