No heat in 2014 Mazda CX-5

:
2014 Mazda CX-5
I recently purchased a 2014 Mazda CX-5. Over the past weekend, I noticed that whenever I turned the heat on, there was a loud, whirring noise, presumably from the blower motor. This morning the heat wouldn't work at all. I'm assuming that the blower motor needs to be replaced, but I don't know enough about cars to be sure lol. Does this sound like it could be the blower motor? And if so, is that generally an easy enough repair that somebody with little mechanical-know how could do herself? Money is tight this time of year so if I can save the money on labor costs, I'd love to. I'm past my 60-day dealer warranty and the heat isn't covered by the extended warranty. Last year I replaced the blower motor resistor in my Jeep, but I'm assuming this is probably more difficult than an old resistor lol. But I also want to be sure that it's definitely the blower motor before I spend money on a replacement motor, so is there anything I can do to diagnose what specific part it is?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Can you clarify the problem for us?
Is it blowing cold air when it's supposed to be hot, or are you just not getting anything blowing out the vents?
When you say no heat, I automatically presume it's blowing cold air.
Thanks.

Back