Anyone have Truecontact Tour 225/55r19 which replaced Truecontact (touring tire)

:
GA prior 16 CX5 GT
:
20 CX5 GT + Prem
Has anyone installed the new Truecontact Tour 225/55r19 which replaced the Truecontact (touring tire) in the Continental Tire line? I see it has a great wet braking 50 mph braking distance in Tire Rack Testing of 114 ft. I think wet braking is important as all tires brake well in the dry compared to wet.

Has anyone installed the new Truecontact Tour 225/55r19 which replaced the Truecontact (touring tire) in the Continental Tire line? I see it has a great wet braking 50 mph braking distance in Tire Rack Testing of 114 ft. I think wet braking is important as all tires brake well in the dry compared to wet.

I have the originals, they still have some in stock, $185 special/closeout @ Tire Rack (I paid $164 a year ago from Discount Tire)

this is the original version I have:

attachment.php

attachment.php

these are great tires but a bit pricey, great snow and wet traction, they don't wear very much, also I love that Continental molded the letters D W S in the tire threads, it's a built in wear inidcator, the S for snow will wear off meaning the tires are slightly diminished for snow, then the W for wet will eventually wear off meaning it's diminished for snow and wet roads, until D for dry will wear off , and it's time to replace if you don't see any letters..

after 25,000 miles on my tires, it still has the D W S letters clearly visible.. great tires.
also, I have first hand experience: they do not hydroplane.

The newer version is $191 but no reviews out yet, but the tread pattern looks identical

attachment.php

Attachments

• old.jpg
    old.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 159
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 511
  • inv.jpg
    inv.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 498
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 527
Last edited:
I've got them on my 2016 GT. So far I've put 55K miles on them. right now they are at 5/32" tread so I'll probably replace them in the next 5-10K miles. I've been really happy with them. Ride quiet, good grip at least in the Houston weather (sorry no snow here) and in my opinion have worn well. I think if you took them down to the legal limit you could squeeze 75080K out of them.

I have had the Truecontact Tour on for over two month and am pleased. On 2/14 drove through the heaviest rain I have been in for the last 55 years (over 100 miles where it rained so hard it was near white out conditions) and no slippage or hydroplaning. Wet traction rating is why I got them but they are quiet on the pavement and over bumps, softer over bumps, track well and have a high tread wear rating. Mileage may be down about 1 mpg compared to well worn Toyo's but that is to be expected. With a thicker tread and a larger size compared to the worn down tires you travel further per odometer measured mile so the mileage may be near the same.

Back