Mazda2 2015 fuel gauge help

yebr0

:
Mazda, Mazda2 2015 Limited
Hello All

Has anyone experienced any problems with fuel gauge?
I personally drove the car to a airport and dropped off the car with half the gauge still full.
my partner drove it back to home which the distance shouldnt have depleted the fuel.
Continuing on, i get a call that upon starting the car, my partner says it is empty with the fuel gauge light on. with the following pic.
I asked to see if she could smell or see any thing that may have leaked underneath the car, and there doesn't seem to be any noticeable leakage.
She just went and refuelled it up to full, which was about 25 litres. Still the light is on even though it was just filled to max.
48191387_520973058400338_1086487560357675008_n.jpg

i fly back up in a week, and would like to know if there is anyone that may share some information. Other than take it to the dealership/mechanic.
attachment.php

Mazda 2 2014 fuel gauge same issue (and in NZ)

Hello All

Has anyone experienced any problems with fuel gauge?
I personally drove the car to a airport and dropped off the car with half the gauge still full.
my partner drove it back to home which the distance shouldnt have depleted the fuel.
Continuing on, i get a call that upon starting the car, my partner says it is empty with the fuel gauge light on. with the following pic.
I asked to see if she could smell or see any thing that may have leaked underneath the car, and there doesn't seem to be any noticeable leakage.
She just went and refuelled it up to full, which was about 25 litres. Still the light is on even though it was just filled to max.
View attachment 219982

i fly back up in a week, and would like to know if there is anyone that may share some information. Other than take it to the dealership/mechanic.
attachment.php

Ironically I also drive a Mazda2 same model as yours but not the limited. I live in Auckland On the weekend I filled my car at the local Gull (Forrest Hill) and it did exactly what your car did while at the station (which was unattended). So full tank of Gull 91 Octane. But when i started the car it showed empty tank with orange light just like in your photo.

When I drove home and shut off car - then waited two hours and restarted same issue.

I did some googling and found removing battery -ve terminal may resolve the issue. So I did that and fuel gauge then showed full with orange light gone.
The google article mentioned the fuel sensor may have become contaminated when refueling.

I am still suspicious as have only done 80km since filling the tank and now waiting for fuel gauge values to decline as normal over distance. Long drive tomorrow so hopefully this is the case.

If that does not work my next step is to consume as much of this fuel as possible and then refill with BP98 and hopefully that clears / cleans tank better than gull otherwise its off to dealer. A real pain in the lead up to xmas.

Back