2018 GT - Turn Signals don't reset

saqer

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ PP
I have a 2018 CX-5 GT's whose turn signals don't reset after a sharp turn - I have to manually turn them off. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Confirmed this turning both right and left
2. Reset the turn signal settings
3. Turned off the 3-click turn signal option

This used to work fine before today. The only two variables I can think of:

1. Had an aftermarket remote starter added (Compustar DC3 + T-Harness, and Drone Mobile)
2. I turned on the auto beam lights for the first time yesterday

I called the shop that installed the remote starter and they said it shouldn't be related but I suspect it is. Any thoughts?

Thanks

It "shouldn't" be related, but odds are it "could" be.
But isn't the reset a response to the physical position of the wheel? Are you saying that the stalk doesn't return, or that the lights just don't stop blinking?

It "shouldn't" be related, but odds are it "could" be.
But isn't the reset a response to the physical position of the wheel? Are you saying that the stalk doesn't return, or that the lights just don't stop blinking?

The stalk doesnt return. When I do click it back the lights do stop blinking

99% sure that's a mechanical problem somewhere in the steering column, and not an electronic problem.
If the remote start guys were in the column for some reason, they probably screwed something up.

99% sure that's a mechanical problem somewhere in the steering column, and not an electronic problem.
If the remote start guys were in the column for some reason, they probably screwed something up.

+1, too coincidental.

Is that serious you think? Dont want to take it to the dealer only for them to tell me the warranty is voided because of the remote starter, and I dont want to take it back to them only for them to screw it up further.

Is that serious you think? Don*t want to take it to the dealer only for them to tell me the warranty is voided because of the remote starter, and I don*t want to take it back to them only for them to screw it up further.

Just find out if they were inside the steering column. If they were, you pretty much have your answer!

Is that serious you think? Don*t want to take it to the dealer only for them to tell me the warranty is voided because of the remote starter, and I don*t want to take it back to them only for them to screw it up further.

Not sure if having a pro shop install a remote start affecting your wiring in a minor way voids warranty. Take it back to the shop and have them look at it. Any reputable shop can fix this easily.

Back