Soy Based Wiring?

Dino9

:
2015 CX 9
Hello, I just bought a spiffy 2015 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring model. It seems some late model cars have soy based wiring. Cannot find out if my car is one of them! Anyone have any difficulties with rodents under the hood? My other car is an 09 MiniS which seems to be too old for this problem.

Thank you!
Dino9

Hello, I just bought a spiffy 2015 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring model. It seems some late model cars have soy based wiring. Cannot find out if my car is one of them! Anyone have any difficulties with rodents under the hood? My other car is an 09 MiniS which seems to be too old for this problem.

Thank you!
Dino9

Not sure about you having soy based wiring. Here's my experience on the subject of fuzzy, cute little chipmunks and squirrels.

Our daughter, who still lives with us, had her check engine light come on. Innocent enough. A critter had chewed into a small part of the gas tank and fuel line on her Honda Civic. Total cost of repair including 9.25% state tax was around $2000.

Our son who drove a Toyota Corolla had critters chew into his fuel line for a repair cost of $350

Also, over the last 15 years we've had three occasions where squirrels have gotten into our attic by gnawing their way in. One of them died inside the wall near the kitchen pantry. Our house smelled great for 2 months. Total cost of removal and repair for those incidents: about $1300.

We have a friend, who has a friend whose house burned down because a squirrel got into the attic, chewing on some wires and barbequed itself.

Our dog was great at helping to control the ground/tree rats. We lost her this summer.

Here's the deal, when I see squirrels or chipmunks and I can get a clean shot with the pellet gun, they're fu*^#]g gone.

Thank you for your answer! I have scoured the net trying to find out what the situation with this wiring as food and the CX9 might be. I have found all kinds of complaint with Toyotas and Kias and HOndas but very, very little regarding Mazdas. I think I read one post somewhere about this and a CX5. It's a huge problem if you have the problem. The soy attracts rodents who are either sharpening their teeth or hungry. The result is the same, replace your wiring! Egads.

I don't own a pellet gun, I think I'll do a proactive Peppermint spray or mothballs or Bounce dryer sheets - just have to find out how to put the last two in the engine.

This is a great forum, I have learned so much. Also found carcomplaints.com which has been invaluable. They take complaints they receive directly and NHTSA complaints when analyzing various cars. So glad I got the Mazda! You cannot believe the complaints about Highlander and 4Runner Toyotas. Everything from exploding sunroofs to surprise acceleration. Those were the cars I was considering along with the CX9. So happy I decided on this sweet and stylish ride.

Cheers and happy driving.

One would hope they would have mixed in the required amount of sulphur or whatever to prevent this.. geesh. They do it to nitrous..

Back