Thread: Compliments

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Compliments

I’ve only owned “luxury” cars except my first car which was a manual pontiac firebird (loved the thing but I totaled it) since then it’s been Volvo’s and Mercedes. After I had a ton of issues with my last Mercedes I traded it in and got a Mazda CX-5 touring. I regretted the touring bc it lacked a lot of the luxuries I was used to (leather, heated seats, sunroof, auto headlights etc..) I ended up trading it in for a 2017 GT. I don’t drive long distances so my 2017 still only has 1k miles on it but today I had 3 other people in the car and everyone complemented on how soft the drive was and what a nice car it was. Despite owning “luxury” cars the Mazda is still the nicest car I’ve ever owned and I’m glad I haven’t had all the problems with this car like I’ve had with my Volvo and Mercedes’s.

Registered Member

'14 liquid CX-5 AWD GT tech

Haha newb..almost 90k here and while not 100% trouble free(nothing major/egregious) its a damn fine cuv that has gone a bit soft for my taste unfortunately and despite my enthusiasm I've only swayed 1 to the brand and not sure I'll be back honestly. Mercedes--*touring? Well yeah you're feeling a bit slighted..hey I honestly thought my c230 hatch w/manual and cloth interior was a little diamond in the rough and it was for what i had into it..that old 2.3sc it wasn't the most refined mill but it really pulled like a 6 (of its day anyway)..w/zero lag..but then it wasn't under warranty and problems, more problems, and good riddance..
    247 community defender of: gen1 steering, styling, seats and gated shifter, compression ignition, rwd, Asian twins, winter tires, manual: tailgates, transmissions, ebrakes, also liquid silver and Lawson's Liquids FTFW!

My automotive lineage:
    1983 Toyota Celica GTS 5MT- aka rustback
    1984 Toyota Supra 5MT- change averse much?
    1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 5MT- good times- newfound respect for term mid-engined oversteer!
    2002 MB C230 Coupe 6MT- 1st new car(chosen over GTI) and a good one until gremlins came
    +good house/bad driveway
    2006 Acura TL 6MT (shortest ownership by far 1year of tq steer&driveway fails>enough)
    2007 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L -not much to say boring excellence?
    2009 BMW 128i 6MT - End of the old-school bimmers probably should have kept.. wanted 4drs
    2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT - what can I say not so boring excellence? I continue to be impressed.
    2015 BMW X1 RWD Msport - Liked it, fast enough and still did donuts, e-steering wouldn't let me love it
    and then..?

2014 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg

Just traded our 3rd BMW for another CX-5. I loved the BMW's but they have distanced themselves from what they once were (Ultimate Driving Machines). We now get a similar driving experience with all the bells and whistles and a less costly long term relationship for at least $10K less. Instead of Zoom, Zoom, Zoom the new slogan should be Win, Win, Win!
    All In The Family
    2019 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT w/PP
    2016 Mazda3 Touring

2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
    2014 BMW E84 xDrive28i - RETIRED (replaced w/2019 CX-5)
    2013 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
    2013 Mazda MZD3i FWD GT w/Tech Pkg
    2009 BMW E90 328xi - RETIRED (replaced w/2014 E84)

2007 BMW E92 328i - RETIRED (replaced w/2014 CX-5)

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
    Just traded our 3rd BMW for another CX-5. I loved the BMW's but they have distanced themselves from what they once were (Ultimate Driving Machines). We now get a similar driving experience with all the bells and whistles and a less costly long term relationship for at least $10K less. Instead of Zoom, Zoom, Zoom the new slogan should be Win, Win, Win!
    I do miss the old 1er but fully agreed- hey I'd gladly own an M240i or M2 but I'd much rather have nearly 2 vehicles for that kind of ransom..and nice ride there- liquid silver ftw!
    Just saw that you added a '19(guess I was thinking you scooped up an 18 for a deal)- did you consider/drive the turbo version..pretty close there price wise GT w/PP..
    Last edited by Monterra; 12-07-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by Monterra View Post
    I do miss the old 1er but fully agreed- hey I'd gladly own an M240i or M2 but I'd much rather have nearly 2 vehicles for that kind of ransom..and nice ride there- liquid silver ftw!
    Just saw that you added a '19(guess I was thinking you scooped up an 18 for a deal)- did you consider/drive the turbo version..pretty close there price wise GT w/PP..
    Love the Liquid Silver since it's the best color for going all winter without hand washing it, unless it get's really snotty out there and have to take it through a drive through. If we were leasing, would have seriously considered an '18 and added CarPlay to it but since we purchase, didn't want to take a bigger hit on depreciation. Besides, really like the new wheels on the '19.

As for considering the Turbo, never did. I'm an old school NA guy and even though forced air induction has come a long way, I still prefer the long term reliability of a NA power plant. Which is why we were so glad that Mazda is still offering them unlike Honda CRV, Acura RDX, Lexus NSX, BMW, Audi, Volvo. Yup, the GT-R is outfitted like a GT w/PP plus the turbo for almost $2K additional which is great for those that want a turbo.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
    Love the Liquid Silver since it's the best color for going all winter without hand washing it, unless it get's really snotty out there and have to take it through a drive through. If we were leasing, would have seriously considered an '18 and added CarPlay to it but since we purchase, didn't want to take a bigger hit on depreciation. Besides, really like the new wheels on the '19.

As for considering the Turbo, never did. I'm an old school NA guy and even though forced air induction has come a long way, I still prefer the long term reliability of a NA power plant. Which is why we were so glad that Mazda is still offering them unlike Honda CRV, Acura RDX, Lexus NSX, BMW, Audi, Volvo. Yup, the GT-R is outfitted like a GT w/PP plus the turbo for almost $2K additional which is great for those that want a turbo.
    Cool man fully agreed on the wheels, best of luck with it..what color on the 19 now that liquid is sadly gone?

Cool man fully agreed on the wheels, best of luck with it..what color on the 19 now that liquid is sadly gone?
    No, no! We still have the 2014 liquid! We'll keep that forever, has less than 40K on the odo. The 2019 GT is Snowflake White Pearl Mica over Black. Looks amazing at night!

Registered Member

I got you- should have said now that liquid silver is N/A which sucks..I'm generally not a fan of white but it does look good on the cx5.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Haha newb..almost 90k here and while not 100% trouble free(nothing major/egregious) its a damn fine cuv that has gone a bit soft for my taste
    Not as many miles here, approaching 76k on mine, but agreed it has been 100% trouble free. The two things that broke being the AT shifter switch (of which there is a revised part so new CX-5s definitely shouldn't have this break), and my drive belt tensioner which seems somewhat common, but wasn't too much to deal with. Curious if the Gen 2's will have the same issue with that part.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD | Jet Black Mica - 76k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 buy