Best Car Brand: Mazda

Interesting that the article lists MAZDA as the best car brand but HONDA as the best SUV brand. Wonder why this would be posted in the CX-5 Lounge which is an SUV, not a car.... (wink)

Interesting that the article lists MAZDA as the best car brand but HONDA as the best SUV brand. Wonder why this would be posted in the CX-5 Lounge which is an SUV, not a car.... (wink)

Great point. This has nothing to do with the CX-5. It got the award for the 3 and Miata, you know, Cars...

Wonder how much they paid for that. I kid, I kid...

Brand pride.

Speaking of which. The other morning I waiting at the redlight coming out of the high school after dropping of my kid and the 6 cars turning into the school were:

Mazda 6
Mazda 6
Nissan Rogue
Mazda CX-5
Toyota Corolla
Mazda 3

Companies lose me when they list Ford as best anything. Too many admittedly anecdotal reliability issues I*ve come across personally and with friends. I just got done texting my dad about his 2017 F250 King Ranch diesel. 14k miles and the damn thing won*t start. Towed it to the dealer for 2nd time in two weeks. Looks like an electrical fault (option to start doesn*t come up when trying to start the truck: blind spot and cross traffic system faults pop up and that*s all she wrote). So desperate for a fix he*s asking if I know a solution.

Good luck trying to get a 20-something at the service center to trace that down when they have plenty of non-warranty work waiting for them. Feel terrible about it especially after my Ford lemon back in 2012. Know exactly what he is going through.

Last edited:
My point being a battery with Autozone brand or interstate with the same warranty is likely the same battery.

Because the way this website is organized. The regular off topic lounge is a ghost town and gets zero play.
Tons of topics that have nothing to do with the CX5 get posted in this lounge because it's the most active. The "main" lounge hasn't had a single post in some time.

To be honest bro Ive had 2 Mazdas and Ive rarely used the touch screen. The only time I touch it is when Im parked and setting navigation. The scroll wheel is so much more efficient. Even still when I use touch screen its responsive and fast. I was in my coworkers Volvo x60 and he was scrolling through his options and it felt like an iPad 1

Companies lose me when they list Ford as best anything. Too many admittedly anecdotal reliability issues I*ve come across personally and with friends. I just got done texting my dad about his 2017 F250 King Ranch diesel. 14k miles and the damn thing won*t start. Towed it to the dealer for 2nd time in two weeks. Looks like an electrical fault (option to start doesn*t come up when trying to start the truck: blind spot and cross traffic system faults pop up and that*s all she wrote). So desperate for a fix he*s asking if I know a solution.

Good luck trying to get a 20-something at the service center to trace that down when they have plenty of non-warranty work waiting for them. Feel terrible about it especially after my Ford lemon back in 2012. Know exactly what he is going through.

Tell him to Flip Over and Read Directions. Sorry, his truck was Found On Road Dead. Best advice you can give him is to get rid of the damn thing, unfortunately...

Sucks to hear. Hope you get it figured out and running quickly...

I think that is a way of C&D to spread their "love" around...

Because the way this website is organized. The regular off topic lounge is a ghost town and gets zero play.
Tons of topics that have nothing to do with the CX5 get posted in this lounge because it's the most active. The "main" lounge hasn't had a single post in some time.

Semantics, but.. the issue isn't with the way the website is organized. People simply post in the CX-5 Lounge because it's the most active, as you said. The CX-5 subforum also seems to be home to many of those with.. let's say, colourful personalities. Plenty of opinionated people who just want to be heard. This is a good and bad thing as you'll pretty much be guaranteed a response, but it may or may not be a helpful one.

Semantics, but.. the issue isn't with the way the website is organized. People simply post in the CX-5 Lounge because it's the most active, as you said. The CX-5 subforum also seems to be home to many of those with.. let's say, colourful personalities. Plenty of opinionated people who just want to be heard. This is a good and bad thing as you'll pretty much be guaranteed a response, but it may or may not be a helpful one.

No harm, no foul 7eregrine! Most of us here are Mazda fans and sm1ke is right that this CX-5 forum is the most active and it should be since the CX-5 is Mazda's highest volume seller.
I might create a new thread with this link to boost my post count! (rlaugh)
https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/november-2018-sales/

BTW, just picked up our 2019 CX-5 GT w/PP and very impressed with how it's evolved from the 2014.

Also imo the CX-5 is a car. CUV or whatever is a sub category. So yea its fine.

The responsive touchscreen thing is still BS though!

Also imo the CX-5 is a car. CUV or whatever is a sub category. So yea it*s fine.

Yea, it's basically a car, unless it has a bed. I see you looking at me, Ridgeline...

Don't gang up on me Subaru Brat and El Camino...

They lost me when they said it had a responsive touch screen!

It's responsive... when you're PARKED! :D

To be honest bro I*ve had 2 Mazda*s and I*ve rarely used the touch screen. The only time I touch it is when I*m parked and setting navigation. The scroll wheel is so much more efficient. Even still when I use touch screen it*s responsive and fast. I was in my coworkers Volvo x60 and he was scrolling through his options and it felt like an iPad 1

This touchscreen thing seems to be a big deal. I've created a poll and I think that 50% will say that it bugs them a lot that you can't use it when driving and the other 50% will say that it doesn't bug them at all.

Agree but I just wish it was organized more like my old Saab forum. There was only ONE lounge. Every model did not have it's own. Something sorely missing from this site is diversity. I want to hang out with 3, 6, 9, ND owners....but no one strays from their forum because of how it's setup.
I've beat this horse before though. We don't need to go there again, poor horse.

Last edited:
Back