Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Car Brand: Mazda

Best Car Brand: Mazda

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

They lost me when they said it had a responsive touch screen!

It's responsive... when you're PARKED!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2014 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg

Interesting that the article lists MAZDA as the best car brand but HONDA as the best SUV brand. Wonder why this would be posted in the CX-5 Lounge which is an SUV, not a car....
    All In The Family
    2019 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT w/PP
    2016 Mazda3 Touring

2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
    2014 BMW E84 xDrive28i - RETIRED (replaced w/2019 CX-5)
    2013 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
    2013 Mazda MZD3i FWD GT w/Tech Pkg
    2009 BMW E90 328xi - RETIRED (replaced w/2014 E84)

2007 BMW E92 328i - RETIRED (replaced w/2014 CX-5)

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Quote Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
    Interesting that the article lists MAZDA as the best car brand but HONDA as the best SUV brand. Wonder why this would be posted in the CX-5 Lounge which is an SUV, not a car....
    Great point. This has nothing to do with the CX-5. It got the award for the 3 and Miata, you know, Cars...

Wonder how much they paid for that. I kid, I kid...

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5

Brand pride.

Speaking of which. The other morning I waiting at the redlight coming out of the high school after dropping of my kid and the 6 cars turning into the school were:

Mazda 6
    Mazda 6
    Nissan Rogue
    Mazda CX-5
    Toyota Corolla
    Mazda 3

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto

Companies lose me when they list Ford as best anything. Too many admittedly anecdotal reliability issues I*ve come across personally and with friends. I just got done texting my dad about his 2017 F250 King Ranch diesel. 14k miles and the damn thing won*t start. Towed it to the dealer for 2nd time in two weeks. Looks like an electrical fault (option to start doesn*t come up when trying to start the truck: blind spot and cross traffic system faults pop up and that*s all she wrote). So desperate for a fix he*s asking if I know a solution.

Good luck trying to get a 20-something at the service center to trace that down when they have plenty of non-warranty work waiting for them. Feel terrible about it especially after my Ford lemon back in 2012. Know exactly what he is going through.
    Last edited by ruthrj; 12-06-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

My point being a battery with Autozone brand or interstate with the same warranty is likely the same battery.

Because the way this website is organized. The regular off topic lounge is a ghost town and gets zero play.
    Tons of topics that have nothing to do with the CX5 get posted in this lounge because it's the most active. The "main" lounge hasn't had a single post in some time.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

To be honest bro Iíve had 2 Mazdaís and Iíve rarely used the touch screen. The only time I touch it is when Iím parked and setting navigation. The scroll wheel is so much more efficient. Even still when I use touch screen itís responsive and fast. I was in my coworkers Volvo x60 and he was scrolling through his options and it felt like an iPad 1

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jthj View Post
    My point being a battery with Autozone brand or interstate with the same warranty is likely the same battery.
    It is...

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    It is...
    Lol that was for a different thread. Oooops

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by ruthrj View Post
    Companies lose me when they list Ford as best anything. Too many admittedly anecdotal reliability issues I*ve come across personally and with friends. I just got done texting my dad about his 2017 F250 King Ranch diesel. 14k miles and the damn thing won*t start. Towed it to the dealer for 2nd time in two weeks. Looks like an electrical fault (option to start doesn*t come up when trying to start the truck: blind spot and cross traffic system faults pop up and that*s all she wrote). So desperate for a fix he*s asking if I know a solution.

Good luck trying to get a 20-something at the service center to trace that down when they have plenty of non-warranty work waiting for them. Feel terrible about it especially after my Ford lemon back in 2012. Know exactly what he is going through.
    Tell him to Flip Over and Read Directions. Sorry, his truck was Found On Road Dead. Best advice you can give him is to get rid of the damn thing, unfortunately...

Sucks to hear. Hope you get it figured out and running quickly...

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

I think that is a way of C&D to spread their "love" around...

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Because the way this website is organized. The regular off topic lounge is a ghost town and gets zero play.
    Tons of topics that have nothing to do with the CX5 get posted in this lounge because it's the most active. The "main" lounge hasn't had a single post in some time.
    Semantics, but.. the issue isn't with the way the website is organized. People simply post in the CX-5 Lounge because it's the most active, as you said. The CX-5 subforum also seems to be home to many of those with.. let's say, colourful personalities. Plenty of opinionated people who just want to be heard. This is a good and bad thing as you'll pretty much be guaranteed a response, but it may or may not be a helpful one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast