Maintenance on these newer 2018/2019 models

doesntmatterz

:
CX9 Touring
Hey guys,

Just wondering what you guys have done here with the newer 2018/2019 Mazda CX5/9 models for maintenance.

1. Whats your oil preference?
  2. Brake pads?
  3. Wipers (I hate the stock wipers)

Just starting a conversation I am curious about, thanks.

Hey guys,

Just wondering what you guys have done here with the newer 2018/2019 Mazda CX5/9 models for maintenance.

1. Whats your oil preference?
  2. Brake pads?
  3. Wipers (I hate the stock wipers)

Just starting a conversation I am curious about, thanks.

Oil changes for me have been with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30 (full syn), with a Mazda oil filter and washer, done in the garage.
Haven't had to replace pads yet.
Wipers are good to me.
Haven't done any prep or conditioning for the wood trim or the nappa leather, but I have applied 303 Protectant to almost every other surface and I highly recommend it (skip the steering wheel).

Oil changes for me have been with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30 (full syn), with a Mazda oil filter and washer, done in the garage.
Haven't had to replace pads yet.
Wipers are good to me.
Haven't done any prep or conditioning for the wood trim or the nappa leather, but I have applied 303 Protectant to almost every other surface and I highly recommend it (skip the steering wheel).

Nice ill try that protectant. This the one you using? https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

We had a strong winter storm here and the wipers were awful in that setting.

Last edited:
My oil preference means nothing. Use any top brand 5W-30. If you drive in either very hot or very frigid conditions, or if you plan on keeping the car for many, many thousands of miles, consider a full synthetic 5W-30. I use Mazda filters.

My 2016 brake pads have a lot of life left.

I like the stock wipers. I did replace the inserts. Aftermarket blades are available from Trico & NAPA and from Bosch. We haven't found any winter blades that fit these connectors.

I've been using Nextzett Cockpit Premium (used to be called 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium) for quite a few years. It works very well to clean most interior surfaces including clear plastics like the instrument cluster lense - so little to no worry about what you get it on. What I like best about it is that it leaves no shine but does protect by blocking UV. I hate the stuff that makes everything shiny - especially the dashboard which then reflects into the windshield. Nextzett Cockpit Premium keeps the interior looking as it did when the car was new, not like it's been slathered with oil.

I believe the Aerospace 303 is very similar.

Last edited:
Back