Leaving a bread crumb trail...?

Brownd3max

:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring
2016 CX5 G.T. - I was cleaning her up yesterday, and noticed the right rear red reflector lens that's recessed in the bumper was flopping around loose in it's hole. Got underneath and found a phillips screw not screwed in, and it was a very hard turn to tighten it, which tells me it was never tightened at the factory. That, and countless other screws/nuts/push-pins &panels found loose or missing, really makes me wonder who the fff put these cars together? (uhm)

2016 CX5 G.T. - I was cleaning her up yesterday, and noticed the right rear red reflector lens that's recessed in the bumper was flopping around loose in it's hole. Got underneath and found a phillips screw not screwed in, and it was a very hard turn to tighten it, which tells me it was never tightened at the factory. That, and countless other screws/nuts/push-pins &panels found loose or missing, really makes me wonder who the fff put these cars together? (uhm)

People? Sometimes the screws just come loose from low torque specs.
Did you know you can replace those with an LED housing?
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

"People? Sometimes the screws just come loose from low torque specs.
Did you know you can replace those with an LED housing?"
I do like the JDM LED version... On the torque spec issue, I've always thought that torque specs are designed to prevent things from coming loose, as well as avoid over tightening... (The screw I mentioned originally was never tightened down- it was stuck-in-place 4 or 5 turns out from tight.)

"People? Sometimes the screws just come loose from low torque specs.
Did you know you can replace those with an LED housing?"
I do like the JDM LED version... On the torque spec issue, I've always thought that torque specs are designed to prevent things from coming loose, as well as avoid over tightening... (The screw I mentioned originally was never tightened down- it was stuck-in-place 4 or 5 turns out from tight.)

It's called, "Cross Threading".

It's called, "Cross Threading".

I have a buddy who is an electrician. He has told me you can't afford for a screw to come loose on an electrical job.

He told me you tighten any screw until you start to feel it cross thread then back it off a fraction. They never come out.

I don't know if he's kidding me or if he's serious.

I surely have found misaligned interior panels on my 2016 CX-5 with pictures posted before. My rearview mirror screw was loose so that it was vibrating. My sun visor screw fell off and the whole thing suddenly dropped in front of wife's view while driving which scared her and might cause some accident in such situation. I tried to put the screw back and found the thread was stripped from factory apparently some human put too much torque to the screw! Now wife has started blaming on me why I wanted this CX-5 to begin with.

Yeah I hear you and this kind of thing shouldn't be happening from a highly computerized robotic assembly plant.

I have a buddy who is an electrician. He has told me you can't afford for a screw to come loose on an electrical job.

He told me you tighten any screw until you start to feel it cross thread then back it off a fraction. They never come out.

I don't know if he's kidding me or if he's serious
Your friend was kidding(I hope). As a recently retired Electrician/high voltage systems Technician that spent 36 years working in Electric Utility Power/Generation/Substation facilities, I can honestly say that he would've been harshly reprimanded and/or fired for that work ethic if true. LOL!

Back