I broke it :)

MattGoose

:
CX-9
Can I fix it? Dealership is dealing with all the recall crap right now, and besides I'd rather not give them any money. Even if it is money coming from Mazda Corp for warranty work :)

Please excuse all the dirt in the following photo :)

Don't know why, but can't make the photo show here. Here's the imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/RRBHtjc

to upload pictures:

Settings
Manage Files
Choose File
Upload
After picture is uploaded , click the blue hyperlink
The attached file (picture) should open in a new window
Copy the url
Click the Insert Image button
Copy and Paste URL
Done

to upload pictures:

Settings
Manage Files
Choose File
Upload
After picture is uploaded , click the blue hyperlink
The attached file (picture) should open in a new window
Copy the url
Click the Insert Image button
Copy and Paste URL
Done

Thanks for the help, but that's probably not going to happen :) I tried it from in the post, by clicking the "add image" button but it didn't like my file.

For any webadmins out there, 10 steps to add a photo is too many.

Lol, dang, how'd you do that?? Did you rest a heavy object on the knobs or something?

Maybe someone who's taken the console apart to do the AA/ACP install can chime in.

Lol, dang, how'd you do that?? Did you rest a heavy object on the knobs or something?

Maybe someone who's taken the console apart to do the AA/ACP install can chime in.

Yeah, me :)

I leaned over into the footwell to grab something and it popped. Not sure, but the back button had been frozen and the thing in the middle wasn't working either. Now they both work !

Nothing is actually broken really. It proves how easy the commander switch can be removed (and installed). It sits in the front console all with clips and tabs.

Nothing is actually broken really. It proves how easy the commander switch can be removed (and installed). It sits in the front console all with clips and tabs.

But how do I fix it?

Presumably the clips and tabs are underneath it, but I can't access them. I can yank it up with the knob and it goes back in place, but a very light push makes it drop right back down.....

Back