Thread: Another tire option for 19" wheels

Registered Member

2016 cx5

Another tire option for 19" wheels

While looking for tire options for my wife's 2016 grand touring I found a set of Radar Dimax AS-8's. They were about $90 each through Simpletire and Walmart. I had never heard of the brand but they had over 500 reviews online and averaged around 4.5 stars. Ordered them up from Simpletire and had them shipped to Tires Plus for install. The clerk at Tires Plus made a crack that he had never heard of the brand, and he wasn't sure about them.

Fast forward 3 weeks and two snow falls and I couldn't be happier!! Great traction, look good, and a quiet ride.

Sure I could have spent twice as much, but at this point I'm glad I didn't.
    Last edited by Badgerbass; 12-03-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Another tire option for 19" wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerbass View Post
    While looking for tire options for my wife's 2016 grand touring I found a set of Radar Dimax AS-8's. They were about $90 each through Simpletire and Walmart. I had never heard of the brand but they had over 500 reviews online and averaged around 4.5 stars.
    Nice find. Itíd be a good option if any CX-5 owners wanting a good set of low priced 225/55R19 tires. Can you tell us what is the country of origin on this Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V tire, and how much was the shipping youíd paid for?

Registered Member

2016 cx5

Tires are manfactured by Omni United which appears to be a Singapore company that's been around since 2006.

http://omni-united.com/brands/radar/

Shipping from Simpletire is free

Arrow

Tires are manfactured by Omni United which appears to be a Singapore company that's been around since 2006.

http://omni-united.com/brands/radar/

Shipping from Simpletire is free
    Thanks for the info. At a little over 30K miles, itís also about time for our CX-5 to get a new set of 19Ē tires replacing OE Toyo A23ís. My thinking is toward General AltiMax RT43 225/55R19 99H. But for only about a half of the price and good reviews, I may actually consider this Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V tire. Iíll check my Discount Tire and see if they can order this tire for me.

Although Omni United is located in Singapore but its tires are manufactured in 8 locations across 3 countries. If you donít mind can you check where are your Radar tires made? The info is on the label sticking the tread when you received the tires, and also on the sidewall if youíre willing to look for it.

Did check with my Discount Tire and they canít get Radar Dimax AS-8 tire although they told me before they can order any tires I want for me. My DT would charge $32 per tire for one-time installation without any warranty with my own tires, but $20 per tire including lifetime balance with their tires. Looks like the cheapest way to get Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V tires is to do online order from WalMart for $86.24 each plus sales tax, or $92.97 each from Simple Tire (without sales tax?) and take them to Costco for one-time installation for $15 each.

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT; 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF/GT/LE

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Did check with my Discount Tire and they can*t get Radar Dimax AS-8 tire although they told me before they can order any tires I want for me. My DT would charge $32 per tire for one-time installation without any warranty with my own tires, but $20 per tire including lifetime balance with their tires. Looks like the cheapest way to get Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V tires is to do online order from WalMart for $86.24 each plus sales tax, or $92.97 each from Simple Tire (without sales tax?) and take them to Costco for one-time installation for $15 each.
    Will the Plano Costco install tires from another vendor?
    When I asked in the past, the one I use in Austin declined to perform the service.
    Inbound: 2019 Soul Red Crystal Metallic CX-5 Signature
    2017 Soul Red Crystal Metallic CX-5 GT/Premium

2017 Machine Gray Metallic MX-5-RF GT/MT, Launch Edition
    24 Mazdas since 1974

Registered Member

2016 cx5

If you check on simpletire they'll list installers in your area that they have deals in place with.

Registered Member

2016 cx5

The Radars on my wife's car were made in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Turborascal View Post
    Will the Plano Costco install tires from another vendor?
    When I asked in the past, the one I use in Austin declined to perform the service.
    Yes, I checked a Costco in North Dallas and one in West Plano, both told me they can do one-time tire installation for take-in tires. $15 each including new valve stem、and tire balancing is the same as buying the tires from them, but no further free tire services such as tire rotation、flat repair、and tire balancing.

If you check on simpletire they'll list installers in your area that they have deals in place with.
    Thanks for the info. Iíd use Costco for installation if I decide to get Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V. Some people would happy to get this V-rated tires for CX-5 GT as many others are H-rated, and AS-8 is rated as Extra Load with 103 load index instead of OEís 99, which makes the tire heavier.

The Radars on my wife's car were made in Thailand
    Thatís what I thought. Thailand produces a lot of crude rubber, and many name-brand tire manufactures have tire plant there.