2017~2024 Which TPMS sensors are fitted to a 2018 UK CX-5?

wow400

:
2018 CX-5 SportNav+ 2.2 diesel Manual MGM
Hi guys, am in the process of getting some 17 winter wheels for our 2018 CX-5 and Im finding it hard to work out exactly which TPMS sensors are fitted here in the UK.
Not sure if they are 433Mhz or the 315Mhz (or if the car can handle both?) and what part numbers.

Plenty of places have photos but it looks like there are a few different shape sensors out there!
Thanks for any info,
Nic

TPMS tire pressure sensors used on gen-2 CX-5 should be the same world wide. If I remember it correctly they're made in France by Continental. Read the following long thread for more details.

Tire Pressure Sensor for 2017 CX-5 - $91.74 EACH!

Since a member said he talked to his Mazda dealer and been told there's no tire pressure sensor with wheels for 2017 CX-5, I called my Mazda dealer from overseas trying to verify. Well, at least for US/NA market, there's tire pressure sensor with valve stem on each wheel for 2017 CX-5:

Part No.: BHA4-37-140 List $91.74 Each!
41ymaplVM3L._SX300_.jpg

Now I'm really puzzled why Mazda made this change at least in US/NA market for 2nd-gen CX-5 as apparently in some areas the pressure sensors don't exist for their TPMS like the 1st-gen CX-5. There's no added benefit to have tire pressure sensors at current TPMS setup in 2nd-gen CX-5 without direct-read tire pressure display like Nissan Rogue other than expensive maintenance cost. Imagine how much more it'd cost for extra set of winter wheels with snow tire? And how much more it'd cost when we're getting a new set of tires?

Here's an example of direct-read tire pressure display TPMS utilizing tire pressure sensors on Nissan Rogue:

2017-nissan-rogue-safety-tire-pressure-monitor-large.jpg

Thanks - I*d had a good read of the threads but couldn*t see anything about region specific sensors - especially the frequency of the tx....
Mazda UK have been less than helpful unfortunately!
Oh well,
Thanks anyway, Nic

I'm not sure if there are region specific sensors but here in the US, Tire Rack does list an aftermarket sensor on their website for the Gen 2 and it shows it as being 315 MHz.

Thanks Brillo - I*ve got a feeling they are 433Mhz here in the uk but so far no dealers can tell me for sure!
I need to find a pet Mazda service man....

View attachment 219970
View attachment 219971
Not sure it looks like some of the others Ive seen!!
Mazdas part number for its TPMS tire pressure sensor, BHA4-37-140, is the same world wide. That means the sensor used in the US is the same as the one used in UK. You should be able to verify the compatibility of aftermarket sensors with the seller, or simply get these from your Mazda dealer.

Thank you very much for that - although apparently European ones are 433Mhz, not 315Mhz...?

Hi guys, am in the process of getting some 17* winter wheels for our 2018 CX-5 and I*m finding it hard to work out exactly which TPMS sensors are fitted here in the UK.
Not sure if they are 433Mhz or the 315Mhz (or if the car can handle both?) and what part numbers.

Plenty of places have photos but it looks like there are a few different shape sensors out there!
Thanks for any info,
Nic

If your local roads get salted anything like the ones on the east coast of Canada you would be wise to get plastic stemmed TPMS and not the metal stemmed ones with the metal nut. These will corrode quite quickly in areas with salted winter roads. My local dealer does not install the metal stemmed ones anymore for that reason. The new ones on my winter rims are the same as in the following link:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=aute...KHR3cAkQQ9QEwAXoECAAQBg#imgrc=PB2ofRN5_St7MM:

Last edited:
If your local roads get salted anything like the ones on the east coast of Canada you would be wise to get plastic stemmed TPMS and not the metal stemmed ones with the metal nut. These will corrode quite quickly in areas with salted winter roads. My local dealer does not install the metal stemmed ones anymore for that reason. The new ones on my winter rims are the same as in the following link:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=aute...KHR3cAkQQ9QEwAXoECAAQBg#imgrc=PB2ofRN5_St7MM:

Here is the actual TPMS my local Mazda dealer is now installing:View attachment 220291

Last edited:
New to the forum. Just wanted to share my experience with an aftermarket TPMS monitor (giving back to the community from which I have learned alot). Have the 2018 GT AWD (2.5 NA engine of course) bought in June 2018, and have about 6500 miles on it.

I HATE that Mazda didn*t deem it fit to provide us with real time individual monitoring of the tire pressures, as many other manufacturers are including as standard. Worse yet, they do have the TPMS devices installed that can send data to the main driver display, but for some reason Mazda didn*t program the UI to show them. All the car will do is show is if any tire is below acceptable pressure. Anyway these are facts that we all know already. Given that the technology was there I wanted something aftermarket to monitor the pressure.

A member on this forum found the Orange TPMS monitor designed for the CX-5. A simple search on Google or Amazon will provide it (there*s only one). (https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)).
It works off USB power, and reads each tire within about a minute of driving. Installation involved de-pressuring and re-pressuring each tire in sequence so the unit could identify which tire was which. It will also notify if tire pressure reaches over or under a preset pressure (under 27 PSI, can*t remember how much over). Also shows tire temperature (you can select which to display). I will say there is a 1-2 PSI difference between the reading I take with my handheld digital tire pressure gauge, and the reading on the TPMS (the TPMS is over by 1-2 PSI). I am not sure which is correct, but I go by the handheld gauge, and just keep in mind that the TPMS is over by X amount. Mind you this may be normal since one reads air pressure outside the valve stem and the other resides inside it. All the same, the monitor read fine and saves me having to check the tires monthly.

I had an issue with the unit not powering up properly sometimes, but this was due to the cheap USB cable it came with. Simply solved by getting a better cable. Also, there is no night mode, but I keep it in the tray above the shifter and the light is totally unobtrusive at night.
While it is an expensive investment ($100), I am the type of person that much prefers to have this live feed for maintenance and safety.

New to the forum. Just wanted to share my experience with an aftermarket TPMS monitor (giving back to the community from which I have learned alot). Have the 2018 GT AWD (2.5 NA engine of course) bought in June 2018, and have about 6500 miles on it.

I HATE that Mazda didn*t deem it fit to provide us with real time individual monitoring of the tire pressures, as many other manufacturers are including as standard. Worse yet, they do have the TPMS devices installed that can send data to the main driver display, but for some reason Mazda didn*t program the UI to show them. All the car will do is show is if any tire is below acceptable pressure. Anyway these are facts that we all know already. Given that the technology was there I wanted something aftermarket to monitor the pressure.

A member on this forum found the Orange TPMS monitor designed for the CX-5. A simple search on Google or Amazon will provide it (there*s only one). (https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)).
It works off USB power, and reads each tire within about a minute of driving. Installation involved de-pressuring and re-pressuring each tire in sequence so the unit could identify which tire was which. It will also notify if tire pressure reaches over or under a preset pressure (under 27 PSI, can*t remember how much over). Also shows tire temperature (you can select which to display). I will say there is a 1-2 PSI difference between the reading I take with my handheld digital tire pressure gauge, and the reading on the TPMS (the TPMS is over by 1-2 PSI). I am not sure which is correct, but I go by the handheld gauge, and just keep in mind that the TPMS is over by X amount. Mind you this may be normal since one reads air pressure outside the valve stem and the other resides inside it. All the same, the monitor read fine and saves me having to check the tires monthly.

I had an issue with the unit not powering up properly sometimes, but this was due to the cheap USB cable it came with. Simply solved by getting a better cable. Also, there is no night mode, but I keep it in the tray above the shifter and the light is totally unobtrusive at night.
While it is an expensive investment ($100), I am the type of person that much prefers to have this live feed for maintenance and safety.

you could solve this problem with obd module and torque pro app ...and your phone. Torque app is capable with proper code to identify tire pressure for each tire.

Last edited:
Back