Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: Pricing strategy

  1. #31
    Registered Member

    Cx-9

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by tcell View Post
    Was that 41990 out the door?
    Before

  2. #32
    Registered Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Come on man, no need for that. In his situation, it was just coincidence that the other dealer happened to call
    Yes, but still sleazy.

    Also, he said whatever quote he gives you say he’s higher. Again, sleazy. People wonder why dealers at times are not honest.

    It shouldn’t be a game. However, dealers and customers make it one. All parties are guilty of of that.

  3. #33
    Registered Member

    Cx-9

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviboy97 View Post
    Yes, but still sleazy.

    Also, he said whatever quote he gives you say he’s higher. Again, sleazy. People wonder why dealers at times are not honest.

    It shouldn’t be a game. However, dealers and customers make it one. All parties are guilty of of that.
    This is true

  4. #34
    Work in Progress sm1ke's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MB, Canada
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviboy97 View Post
    Yes, but still sleazy.

    Also, he said whatever quote he gives you say he*s higher. Again, sleazy. People wonder why dealers at times are not honest.
    How so? Did you read his most recent post where he explained what happened after? He told the dealer on the phone that he was going to give the dealer that he was at a chance before agreeing to anything. That's being completely transparent - he didn't have to step away and inform him that the other dealer overheard the offer made on the phone.

    Then when he gives the in-person dealer the chance to counter-offer, the dealer instead tries to BS him into thinking that the phone dealer was doing something shady, basically trying to guilt him into paying more instead of simply saying that they cannot match prices. I think the in-person dealer was the most sleazy, in this case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviboy97 View Post
    It shouldn*t be a game. However, dealers and customers make it one. All parties are guilty of of that.
    Exactly. So why put yourself at an automatic disadvantage by not playing the game? I personally try to be as transparent as possible, that's the most you can/should be asking for. If I get a quote from one dealer and two other ones are willing to match it, I will go back and forth as much as I can, being transparent about what each dealer is offering, until only one dealer is willing to counter-offer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Mazda NA product development strategy
    By paris1 in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-04-2017, 10:20 PM
  2. Ford's Economic Downturn Business Strategy
    By harrisonchang in forum Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 08:04 AM
  3. Does GM's RWD strategy include a new GTO?
    By mikeyb in forum Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 02:46 PM
  4. BMW's Bold New Z4 Strategy Revealed
    By mikeyb in forum Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 05:07 AM
  5. MazdaSpeed Strategy
    By MMMatHeart in forum Mazdaspeed Protege
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2002, 11:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •