Thread: Pricing strategy

Registered Member

Cx-9

Quote Originally Posted by tcell View Post
    Was that 41990 out the door?
    Before

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Come on man, no need for that. In his situation, it was just coincidence that the other dealer happened to call
    Yes, but still sleazy.

Also, he said whatever quote he gives you say he’s higher. Again, sleazy. People wonder why dealers at times are not honest.

It shouldn’t be a game. However, dealers and customers make it one. All parties are guilty of of that.

Registered Member

Cx-9

Quote Originally Posted by Aviboy97 View Post
    Yes, but still sleazy.

Also, he said whatever quote he gives you say he’s higher. Again, sleazy. People wonder why dealers at times are not honest.

It shouldn’t be a game. However, dealers and customers make it one. All parties are guilty of of that.
    This is true

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Yes, but still sleazy.

Also, he said whatever quote he gives you say he*s higher. Again, sleazy. People wonder why dealers at times are not honest.
    How so? Did you read his most recent post where he explained what happened after? He told the dealer on the phone that he was going to give the dealer that he was at a chance before agreeing to anything. That's being completely transparent - he didn't have to step away and inform him that the other dealer overheard the offer made on the phone.

Then when he gives the in-person dealer the chance to counter-offer, the dealer instead tries to BS him into thinking that the phone dealer was doing something shady, basically trying to guilt him into paying more instead of simply saying that they cannot match prices. I think the in-person dealer was the most sleazy, in this case.

It shouldn*t be a game. However, dealers and customers make it one. All parties are guilty of of that.
    Exactly. So why put yourself at an automatic disadvantage by not playing the game? I personally try to be as transparent as possible, that's the most you can/should be asking for. If I get a quote from one dealer and two other ones are willing to match it, I will go back and forth as much as I can, being transparent about what each dealer is offering, until only one dealer is willing to counter-offer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123