Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Floor Mats?

Registered Member

17 CX-5 GT 14 CX-5 GT (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by kone View Post
    I don*t know if I*d say the Maxpiders are cheaper than oem but I will say imho they*re better and well worth the extra $. Just one person*s opinion who*s had 3 sets of Maxpiders with a daughter who has the oems and bought Maxpiders too. Take a close look at the two before deciding.
    I think the Maxpiders are about $150 for front and rear set, and the nice OEM all weather from Canada are about $240 for front and rear set. Not sure if the Maxpiders go up the dead pedal as far, because it's hard to find any pics of them in an actual CX5.
    I have the ones from Canada and they are superb. The padded ribs in the picture provide a lot of heal cushion for longer trips. The rear has them as well.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

found them bt, going to give them a try
    Last edited by dunk50; 02-01-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT

I was disappointed when I discovered that the Mazda has a floor mounted accelerator pedal, unlike a suspended linkage that seems to be more commonly used. Kind of defeats the purpose of nice all-weather mats when salty, melted slush & snow runs down the face of the accelerator pedal and under the front edge of the mat.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

OK, after having the a set of weather tech in my Sienna van I found them hard and not terribly effective. Don't remember what model mats I had but was never really happy with them. Then as stated in an earlier post I ordered the Husky x act fit and the rear was bad, not just a little but NO ONE would be talking good about them with the fit I got. Just sent them back. Then listened to bigtex and ordered 3D MAXpider for 2019 Mazda Cx 5. Someone said on an earlier post that they fit snug and you kind of have to snap them in, found that to be true BUT they fit perfectly. Time will tell on how well the wear but my sense is this. For me they are to catch some water, snow and maybe some grass dirt but nothing major. Don't know that I would recommend these for trucks and construction workers but for the average person with a nice car, these do not detract from the interior fit and finish. Thanks to all and be safe!

Registered Member

2015 Mazda 3

I'm looking to get some all weather floor mats soon. Looking at OEM and weather tech mats.

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX5 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by kone View Post
    I don*t know if I*d say the Maxpiders are cheaper than oem but I will say imho they*re better and well worth the extra $. Just one person*s opinion who*s had 3 sets of Maxpiders with a daughter who has the oems and bought Maxpiders too. Take a close look at the two before deciding.
    Every place I shop for them says it doesn't fit the 2019 CX5, what gives? Any info on that?

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry g View Post
    Every place I shop for them says it doesn't fit the 2019 CX5, what gives? Any info on that?
    They haven't updated their database yet.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 GT-PP

Carid has theirs updated.

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    I stand corrected on the dead pedal side. I never noticed it until you brought it up. I'll have to make something to cover it better. As far as the rest, they cover quite well.

I do not like the WT cargo liner. I'm going with this one, which I believe is OEM: https://www.amazon.com/2017-Mazda-Ca...DA6X1FF6EG50PB
    I have this one for my 16 and love the fit and look so far.

Registered Member

2018 cx5 GT

I gotta ask it looks like the little lip right beside the pedal on the 3D maxpider ones and Mazda oem linners. Does it catch on the mats, I mean the left of the pedal? Thanks
    Last edited by Zeroman; 02-16-2019 at 12:47 AM.

2018 CX5

My 2cents... I paid $150 for just the front Canadian MAZDA mats but I will say after a month of use in dirt and sand they are excellent and the coverage is there. Very easy to clean, I use a cordless hand vac for quick clean-up.

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT

The CX-5 comes with a floor mounted gas pedal. This presents a real problem in my car. Since my weathertech floor lines have a cutout around the pedal, I find that snow and ice continuously get behind the pedal in this cutout area and when the snow melts, the water runs under the liner and soaks the carpet. I checked many other floor liners and they have the same cutout for the gas pedal. I was thinking of attaching a piece of rubber to the liner behind the gas pedal to help with this situation. Has anyone else found this cutout to be a problem and if so, I would like to know if you came up with any solutions. Thanks.

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman777 View Post
    The CX-5 comes with a floor mounted gas pedal. This presents a real problem in my car. Since my weathertech floor lines have a cutout around the pedal, I find that snow and ice continuously get behind the pedal in this cutout area and when the snow melts, the water runs under the liner and soaks the carpet. I checked many other floor liners and they have the same cutout for the gas pedal. I was thinking of attaching a piece of rubber to the liner behind the gas pedal to help with this situation. Has anyone else found this cutout to be a problem and if so, I would like to know if you came up with any solutions. Thanks.
    I made the same complaint in an earlier post. To make matters worse, they use so much salt around here that the carpet not only gets wet, but has a white salt crust in it when it dries. I can't visualize a solution that will be truly effective - maybe a flap of some sort that's attached to bottom of the pedal and overlaps the front edge of the mat? I've resigned myself to trying to stay on top of it by pulling the mat periodically and cleaning around the base of the accelerator pedal.

2018 CX5

Why not un-bolt the pedal and insert a plastic liner underneath it ? maybe small piece of all weather material from hardware store.

Registered Member

SUV

Quote Originally Posted by eaedstrom View Post
    I made the same complaint in an earlier post. To make matters worse, they use so much salt around here that the carpet not only gets wet, but has a white salt crust in it when it dries. I can't visualize a solution that will be truly effective - maybe a flap of some sort that's attached to bottom of the pedal and overlaps the front edge of the mat? I've resigned myself to trying to stay on top of it by pulling the mat periodically and cleaning around the base of the accelerator pedal.
    Here is a very simple solution that I use...
    When entering the vehicle, but before swinging your feet in, clap your feet together 3-4 times. This knocks off 90%+ of the salt/snow.

I have Husky floor liners, and I've never had any white salt crust on the carpeting.
    The farthest it gets in the black plastic plate attached to the floor.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast