Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2019 Floor Mats?

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature (previously 2016 CX-5 GT)

Very happy with the Canadian OEM Premium floor liners I bought and finally received after almost a full month of USPS nonsense. Perfect, low profile fit and I really like the high-tech (for lack of a better term) appearance in my 2019. I like the way the back liner also covers the hump, which is something that annoyed me with the two separate rear OEM US liners I had in my 2016. The carpeting on the hump always got messy quickly from middle passengers or one who moved across to the opposite side.
    Last edited by RLCarrington; 04-16-2019 at 08:47 PM.

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD non-Tech

I first got 3D Maxpider's back in 2014. While they were a perfect fit and covered the dead pedal better than all the others, I had 2 major issues develop. 1) Just over 2 years in, the 3D badge attachment clips(underneath the drivers side mat) rusted off due to all the salt we get on our winter roads up here in Canada! The company I bought the mats from replaced the clips twice over the next two years due to rust. 2) In the 4th year major wear through the top layer of the mat occurred where my right heal sits on the mat in front of the gas pedal. I contacted the supplier but they said my warranty was now over and they couldn't help me.

In early January, 2019 I traded up to a new 2018 CX-5 and in the deal I negotiated a set of the Mazda Canadian premium oem CX-5 all weather mats, Now, they look EXACTLY like the same material(but different design) as my old 3D Maxpiders so I suspect that they are one in the same manufacturer. I was at that point hoping for better luck with them compared to my previous 3D Maxpiders!! This was not to be. In just over 3 months the CX-5 badge retaining clips on the drivers side rusted off again. This is not good enough!! I'm off to the dealer next week to see what they'll do for me.

I like a lot of features these mats have to offer so I'm hoping I won't regret buying these oem mats!!
    Last edited by kdaug; 04-21-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 White Pearl Sig

An easy fix for the rusting rivets/clips would be to cover them with silicone. You can get it at the hardware store for a few bucks and a small tube would probably do about a hundred mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantra 7 View Post
    An easy fix for the rusting rivets/clips would be to cover them with silicone. You can get it at the hardware store for a few bucks and a small tube would probably do about a hundred mats.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep this in mind after I see what the dealer will do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kdaug View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep this in mind after I see what the dealer will do for me.
    I spoke to my dealer today and he will be contacting Mazda Canada and/or the supplier to see what they can do or suggest as a remedy to these corroding clips.

Registered Member

Subscribing to this thread. Just picked up a 19 Grand Touring and stumbled onto this thread looking for Huskyliners. Now I want the 3D Maxpider*s for it. The quality from what I can see from pictures seems better than the Huskys. Looking online I can*t find them in black right now. I may end up getting the Mazda ones from the dealer in Canada. Thanks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345