2019 Floor Mats?

My 2cents... I paid $150 for just the front Canadian MAZDA mats but I will say after a month of use in dirt and sand they are excellent and the coverage is there. Very easy to clean, I use a cordless hand vac for quick clean-up.

The CX-5 comes with a floor mounted gas pedal. This presents a real problem in my car. Since my weathertech floor lines have a cutout around the pedal, I find that snow and ice continuously get behind the pedal in this cutout area and when the snow melts, the water runs under the liner and soaks the carpet. I checked many other floor liners and they have the same cutout for the gas pedal. I was thinking of attaching a piece of rubber to the liner behind the gas pedal to help with this situation. Has anyone else found this cutout to be a problem and if so, I would like to know if you came up with any solutions. Thanks.

The CX-5 comes with a floor mounted gas pedal. This presents a real problem in my car. Since my weathertech floor lines have a cutout around the pedal, I find that snow and ice continuously get behind the pedal in this cutout area and when the snow melts, the water runs under the liner and soaks the carpet. I checked many other floor liners and they have the same cutout for the gas pedal. I was thinking of attaching a piece of rubber to the liner behind the gas pedal to help with this situation. Has anyone else found this cutout to be a problem and if so, I would like to know if you came up with any solutions. Thanks.

I made the same complaint in an earlier post. To make matters worse, they use so much salt around here that the carpet not only gets wet, but has a white salt crust in it when it dries. I can't visualize a solution that will be truly effective - maybe a flap of some sort that's attached to bottom of the pedal and overlaps the front edge of the mat? I've resigned myself to trying to stay on top of it by pulling the mat periodically and cleaning around the base of the accelerator pedal.

Why not un-bolt the pedal and insert a plastic liner underneath it ? maybe small piece of all weather material from hardware store.

I made the same complaint in an earlier post. To make matters worse, they use so much salt around here that the carpet not only gets wet, but has a white salt crust in it when it dries. I can't visualize a solution that will be truly effective - maybe a flap of some sort that's attached to bottom of the pedal and overlaps the front edge of the mat? I've resigned myself to trying to stay on top of it by pulling the mat periodically and cleaning around the base of the accelerator pedal.

Here is a very simple solution that I use...
When entering the vehicle, but before swinging your feet in, clap your feet together 3-4 times. This knocks off 90%+ of the salt/snow.

I have Husky floor liners, and I've never had any white salt crust on the carpeting.
The farthest it gets in the black plastic plate attached to the floor.

I gotta ask it looks like the little lip right beside the pedal on the 3D maxpider ones and Mazda oem linners. Does it catch on the mats, I mean the left of the pedal? Thanks

Sorry what I mean is in the pics it looks as if the part along the side of the gas pedal would interfere with it when you press on the gas. Looks really close.

Sorry what I mean is in the pics it looks as if the part along the side of the gas pedal would interfere with it when you press on the gas. Looks really close.
Not at all, been using it for more than a year now and no issue at all.

I got the 3D Maxpider mats for the front/rear passenger and Mazda weather cargo mat (good price and the ridges look good for trapping water) for the trunk. I love the look and feel of the Maxpider mats.

Anyone have a 2019 with the 3D MaxSpiders? Autoanything.com only has '18, not sure if they'd fit. Sorry if this was already clarified

I have two Welsh Corgi dogs and am looking for easy to vacuum floor mats. Anything with a carpet type material is not ideal (because the Corgi fur sticks to the carpet). So, a smooth surface floor mat is best.
Even though the Corgis stay in the rear cargo area of the CX-5, fur still makes it's way to the forward seating areas. For the rear area I have the Mazda OEM soft cargo liner, which is great.
I would like to find a thin rubber type floor mat set (rather than the more heavy duty Husky or Weathertech style mats). Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

I got the 3D Maxpider mats for the front/rear passenger and Mazda weather cargo mat (good price and the ridges look good for trapping water) for the trunk. I love the look and feel of the Maxpider mats.

I wish I had known about these.

They make my WeatherTechs look so utilitarian.

I wish I had known about these.

They make my WeatherTechs look so utilitarian.
We have been trying to advise new CX-5 owners since gen-1 not to get WeatherTech floor liners because they dont cover well especially at foot rest and gas pedal base areas. The fit is not great but the price is high.

If you want cheaper but good floor liners, 3D Maxpider liners are the one to go.

Husky liners are having some complaints here, especially the fit problem on rear one.

If you simply want the best quality and fit with genuine Mazda and CX-5 logos to boot, Canadian OEM Premium Floor Liners are the only choice for you. Theyre definitely not the same as 3D Maxpider liners claimed by some.

Genuine Mazda CX-5 Premium Floor Liners (2nd Row) 00VP-CX-5FL2-0

Genuine Mazda CX-5 Premium Floor Liners (1st Row) 00VP-CX-5FL1-0

Search for these part numbers on ebay. The above mats are sold by Canada dealers only, and are really nice with the CX5 logo etc. I got mine on ebay and they shipped to USA.
Yeah, it's Scarborough Mazda in Canada https://mazdashop.ca/collections/20...loor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018-2019 . You can get them on Amazon and ebay as well, but they are actually a little cheaper ordering direct from the Scarborough dealership, right now $141 for front and $99 for rear vs $150 and $110 on Amazon/Ebay. All 3 have free shipping.

We have been trying to advise new CX-5 owners since gen-1 not to get WeatherTech floor liners because they don*t cover well especially at foot rest and gas pedal base areas. The fit is not great but the price is high.

If you want cheaper but good floor liners, 3D Maxpider liners are the one to go.

Husky liners are having some complaints here, especially the fit problem on rear one.

If you simply want the best quality and fit with genuine Mazda and CX-5 logos to boot, Canadian OEM Premium Floor Liners are the only choice for you. They*re definitely not the same as 3D Maxpider liners claimed by some.

+1 These are great! Ordered these from Canadian Mazda dealer's Ebay store: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

We have been trying to advise new CX-5 owners since gen-1 not to get WeatherTech floor liners because they dont cover well especially at foot rest and gas pedal base areas. The fit is not great but the price is high.

(snip)

Yeh, the one thing I noticed after a few days was that the carpeting at the footrest is only half protected. I quickly got dirt & debris on the exposed footrest area about halfway up. I plan on finding a suitable material and cutting a piece to slip under the Weathertech to extend the protection another 6".

I'll have to take another look at the gas pedal base area.

I have a set of almost like new (really, I can't see any wear on them) all weather mats that came out of our 2016.5 I don't need anymore if anyone wants them. Come get them and they're yours. I am in the Columbia area of SC.

Back