2019 Floor Mats?

Very happy with the Canadian OEM Premium floor liners I bought and finally received after almost a full month of USPS nonsense. Perfect, low profile fit and I really like the high-tech (for lack of a better term) appearance in my 2019. I like the way the back liner also covers the hump, which is something that annoyed me with the two separate rear OEM US liners I had in my 2016. The carpeting on the hump always got messy quickly from middle passengers or one who moved across to the opposite side.

Last edited:
I first got 3D Maxpider's back in 2014. While they were a perfect fit and covered the dead pedal better than all the others, I had 2 major issues develop. 1) Just over 2 years in, the 3D badge attachment clips(underneath the drivers side mat) rusted off due to all the salt we get on our winter roads up here in Canada! The company I bought the mats from replaced the clips twice over the next two years due to rust. 2) In the 4th year major wear through the top layer of the mat occurred where my right heal sits on the mat in front of the gas pedal. I contacted the supplier but they said my warranty was now over and they couldn't help me.

In early January, 2019 I traded up to a new 2018 CX-5 and in the deal I negotiated a set of the Mazda Canadian premium oem CX-5 all weather mats, Now, they look EXACTLY like the same material(but different design) as my old 3D Maxpiders so I suspect that they are one in the same manufacturer. I was at that point hoping for better luck with them compared to my previous 3D Maxpiders!! This was not to be. In just over 3 months the CX-5 badge retaining clips on the drivers side rusted off again. This is not good enough!! I'm off to the dealer next week to see what they'll do for me.

I like a lot of features these mats have to offer so I'm hoping I won't regret buying these oem mats!!

Last edited:
An easy fix for the rusting rivets/clips would be to cover them with silicone. You can get it at the hardware store for a few bucks and a small tube would probably do about a hundred mats.

An easy fix for the rusting rivets/clips would be to cover them with silicone. You can get it at the hardware store for a few bucks and a small tube would probably do about a hundred mats.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep this in mind after I see what the dealer will do for me.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep this in mind after I see what the dealer will do for me.

I spoke to my dealer today and he will be contacting Mazda Canada and/or the supplier to see what they can do or suggest as a remedy to these corroding clips.

Subscribing to this thread. Just picked up a 19 Grand Touring and stumbled onto this thread looking for Huskyliners. Now I want the 3D Maxpider*s for it. The quality from what I can see from pictures seems better than the Huskys. Looking online I can*t find them in black right now. I may end up getting the Mazda ones from the dealer in Canada. Thanks!

Do they have a Canadain premium version of the cargo tray as well? Lookingfor a match among the front/rear and cargo tray floor protection.

Do they have a Canadain premium version of the cargo tray as well? Lookingfor a match among the front/rear and cargo tray floor protection.

The Canadian OEM cargo tray is identical to the US market's, it appears. Maxpider sells a black cargo tray similar in appearance to their mats I found by a search for "CX-5" on their website, and they link to an Amazon page for it. Based upon the Q&A on Amazon it fits the 2017-2019 models. What's not clear to me is if the sections for the one set of clips will pop out or can be removed, because if not, that would prevent usage of a cargo net or anything else requiring access to all 4 clip points. Nice looking mat, would get it if I didn't already have the OEM. The only thing that I dislike about the OEM is minor--mildly irritated by the box of text or warnings embedded into the mat. (laugh)

The Canadian OEM cargo tray is identical to the US market's, it appears. Maxpider sells a black cargo tray similar in appearance to their mats I found by a search for "CX-5" on their website, and they link to an Amazon page for it. Based upon the Q&A on Amazon it fits the 2017-2019 models. What's not clear to me is if the sections for the one set of clips will pop out or can be removed, because if not, that would prevent usage of a cargo net or anything else requiring access to all 4 clip points. Nice looking mat, would get it if I didn't already have the OEM. The only thing that I dislike about the OEM is minor--mildly irritated by the box of text or warnings embedded into the mat. (laugh)

Thanks for that. I took a close look at the photos of the mat, and there are definitely cutout areas (you may have to cut them our yourself at the upper two thirds point (towards the back seat). Also there is a depression in lip on both sides for the tie downs that are mounted off the rear walls.

Thats a real nice mat, I will give it a shot.

I have to see how tough it is to get the Canadian floor mats versus the standard 3d maxpiders, but I am going to get the 3d max cargo liner.

I've been looking for soft rubber all weather floor mats for my new 2019 cx5 and
surprised at how hard it is to find a complete set of 3D Maxpider's in black..
Since they seem to be the only maker that covers that dead pedal ,(which I don't like)

Maybe they'll come back in stock soon somewhere in usa........

I've been looking for soft rubber all weather floor mats for my new 2019 cx5 and
surprised at how hard it is to find a complete set of 3D Maxpider's in black..
Since they seem to be the only maker that covers that dead pedal ,(which I don't like)

Maybe they'll come back in stock soon somewhere in usa........

We just got the black 3DMaxPiders, you can get them from amazon as a two piece order (front set and back set) in black... although I think when I ordered the there may have only been a couple in stock. We just got them last night.

As for the Canadian OEM premium versus the 3DMaxPiders, it was an easy decision in my case. My wife did not like the over the top heavy patterning and large logo-ing on the Canadian OEMs at all. She much preferred the lower key look of the 3DMax, and after installing them, I have to agree that I think it works better with the Sigs clean minimal line interior. I know thats just personal preference. She is thrilled with them though.

I can post a pic when its done.

And as to the other question, we also got the 3DMAX cargo liner, and this is also very nice. There are specific cut out areas that you can cut to expose the other set of tiedowns on the cargo floor towards the seat backs. There are relief pockets molded in within the cutout area, so it should be straightforward to follow the outline with an exacto. We do have the floor mount cargo net installed, so I will be cutting them out.

I didn't cut them out yet as I didnt have time last night, so I can't comment on that yet. The other two tiedown brackets are installed on the rear wall (on either side of liftgate), and cargo line has depression reliefs in the lip of the liner in each spot, so no cutting required here.

We just got the black 3DMaxPiders, you can get them from amazon as a two piece order (front set and back set) in black... although I think when I ordered the there may have only been a couple in stock. We just got them last night.

As for the Canadian OEM premium versus the 3DMaxPiders, it was an easy decision in my case. My wife did not like the over the top heavy patterning and large logo-ing on the Canadian OEMs at all. She much preferred the lower key look of the 3DMax, and after installing them, I have to agree that I think it works better with the Sigs clean minimal line interior. I know thats just personal preference. She is thrilled with them though.

I can post a pic when its done.

And as to the other question, we also got the 3DMAX cargo liner, and this is also very nice. There are specific cut out areas that you can cut to expose the other set of tiedowns on the cargo floor towards the seat backs. There are relief pockets molded in within the cutout area, so it should be straightforward to follow the outline with an exacto. We do have the floor mount cargo net installed, so I will be cutting them out.

I didn't cut them out yet as I didnt have time last night, so I can't comment on that yet. The other two tiedown brackets are installed on the rear wall (on either side of liftgate), and cargo line has depression reliefs in the lip of the liner in each spot, so no cutting required here.

When I search on Amazon the description says Mazda cx5 and I get a popup saying it doesn't fit my 2019 cx5. I plug in 2018 and I get the same message.

For those who are interested, here is the MaxPider KF CX-5 cargo liner listing on Amazon--read the Q&A and there are multiple confirmations it fits the 2017-2019 model years. Not sure why the actual product is titled so generally (for "Select Mazda CX-5 Models), but they are potentially losing out on sales that way:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
I even posted on amazon's product page asking why manufacture doesn't
list the years these floor mats are made for. Still haven't gotten a reply yet.

Looks like the front row in black is not in stock, so, just have to wait several months, I'm betting..
ha

In 2015 I got my first set of 3D Maxpiders from www.partsengine.ca , who are located in Canada(where I live). But as I mentioned in an earlier post, if you live in an area riddled with salt on the winter roads as I do up here in eastern Canada the 3D badge pins and clips(under the mat) are prone to corrosion and falling off as I dragged salty slush on my boots into the vehicle. Fortunately I was sent replacements badges and clips. The allseason Canadian Mazda mats do exactly the same thing!! Beware. If you are just bringing in a bit of water it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
Has anybody purchased the tan 3D Maxpiders for their black seated CX-5? I'd be interested to see how those look contrasting with the darker interior. I like the idea of lightening up the lower part of the cabin.

Can someone post a link where to buy the 3d maxpider floor mats for the front and rear in blqck please. 2019 cx5. I've been trying t o look for them but it seem hard to find. thank you!

Back