Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CorkSport Intake CX-9 2016+

Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Nice! Can't wait to get mine.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that we have the exact same oil catch can mounted to the exact same location in the engine bay. Lol!

Off-topic, but how long have you had the catch can installed? Have you actually captured any blow-by in the can yet? I've put about 3k miles on the car since installing mine and it's still dry to the touch inside.
    That can be a result of where the can is installed and what lines are tapped, as well as the quality of the can itself. On my NA 2.5g my can is mounted LOW (near exhaust header) and it catches a lot of blowby.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    That can be a result of where the can is installed and what lines are tapped, as well as the quality of the can itself. On my NA 2.5g my can is mounted LOW (near exhaust header) and it catches a lot of blowby.
    Would you happen to have any pics of your setup? Specifically how it's plumbed. I'm pretty sure I plumbed my can correctly but it doesn't hurt to check to make sure I labeled everything properly.

Here's a link to my install, and a pic of how I plumbed the can:
    https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...n-installation

Here's a couple of pics of the can's internals:

And here's an excerpt from the PDF I referenced. This is part of the reason I mounted the can where I did.

"When mounting catch cans, you should follow the instructions that come with whatever can(s) you purchase. In general, it*s better to have them mounted relatively high in the engine compartment so that air exiting the engine does not flow down into the catch can. The reason is that if the catch can is mounted lower than the air outlet on the engine, any large oil droplets that get through the PCV valve will tend to drain down into the catch can rather than back into the engine. In most cases this isn*t a big deal, but it can be significant under certain engine and driving conditions."

This PDF also advocates getting rid of the OEM PCV valve and running two catch cans instead, like this:

dualccsystem.JPG

Chris, your feedback on all of these points would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 Signature

Any updates from those of you using the intake? Any one have longer videos of acceleration runs and normal driving? I'm considering getting one but I'm paranoid about causing any damage to the engine by adding an intake without a tune.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12