2016 Mazda Infotainment system voice directions

LeftyS7

:
2016.5 CX-5 AWD GT
Other systems that I have used when music or the radio is playing and the navigation systems voice directions come on the other application is muted so one can hear the voice directions. Not so with Mazda, hence the directions cannot be clearly heard. Am I missing something? Is there some way to prevent this?

Other systems that I have used when music or the radio is playing and the navigation systems voice directions come on the other application is muted so one can hear the voice directions. Not so with Mazda, hence the directions cannot be clearly heard. Am I missing something? Is there some way to prevent this?

When the voice is speaking turn up the volume to raise the voice volume. I think there is also a voice volume setting under the nav settings.The music does not mute though when the voice comes on.

It took me a day or two to figure out this puzzle, too.

However, even with the volume adjusted the voice is muddy coming thru the Bose system.

The left speakers are muted when the navigation voice comes on. If you balance your system all the way to the left then the music is silenced when the voice comes on. However, the music then sounds like crap with only the left side on. I am able to hear the Voice good enough with the speaker balance in the middle.

Back