power folding mirrors

I saw your post and I have tried 3 buttons procedure, but it disable/enable mirrors automatic folding (once ignition turned off mirrors folds automatically after 40 second.) but its no effect for disabling mirrors folding when lock or unlock car. How you was able to disable this function?

My interpretation of what manual says:
1. Push start button once (ignition ON)
2. Lock windows
3. Push front driver window button and both left and right rear windows and keep it 3 more seconds.
4. Turn ignition OFF
5. Try to lock a car and see what happens.

My interpretation of what manual says:
1. Push start button once (ignition ON)
2. Lock windows
3. Push front driver window button and both left and right rear windows and keep it 3 more seconds.
4. Turn ignition OFF
5. Try to lock a car and see what happens.

IIRC .. that's the procedure that worked for me with the following clarifications:
  • The window lock button should be depressed.
  • The ignition button should be pressed TWICE without pressing the brake pedal to place the car in the "on" configuration.
  • The front passenger and both rear window buttons on the driver's door should be pressed and held DOWN for three or more seconds.
  • Buttons should be released and the car turned off.
  • Note that if the timing is incorrect the procedure may not work.

From the "horse's mouth", here's the manual page as well:
32930754888_b42c2c1be6_k.jpg

Last edited:
I have tried that as well, but:
1. when ignition ON (start button pressed twice without brake pedal)
2. Windows lock button depressed.
3. When I push down 3 buttons (driver and both rear window buttons) the driver window began to rolling down, because lock button locks all windows except driver.

Only me have that behaivor?

I can't get the procedure to work in my new Reserve either. I tried both one press of the start button and two. I tried having the window lock depressed before pressing the start button and then in reverse order. I held the three switches for 5 seconds or more and then immediately turned off the car. Is there any beep or acknowledgement that the process has completed?

Try holding the window buttons up rather than pushing them down.

I swear I remember holding those things up making some kind of adjustment. I don't know what it might have been besides this.

I don't have my hard-copy manual near me. Is there a conflict between it and the pdf version on this issue?

I can't get the procedure to work in my new Reserve either. I tried both one press of the start button and two. I tried having the window lock depressed before pressing the start button and then in reverse order. I held the three switches for 5 seconds or more and then immediately turned off the car. Is there any beep or acknowledgement that the process has completed?

So I have to admit to a rather large display of dumbassery yesterday. I read those instructions at least 12 times and did it wrong every single time. I mistook the driver's door for driver's window, so I was holding down the WRONG three window buttons. I just used the proper buttons and it worked as it should. Folding mirrors disabled for winter now. Snow falling hard right now, too.

Cheers everyone.

What exactly you mistook? Did you push start button twice? And then push down 3 window buttons? Pls provide you detailed guide.

Push down window lock button
press start button twice without foot on brake
press down at the same time the passenger, rear right and rear left window buttons and count slowly to three
release the buttons
turn off car
all done.

I was holding down the drivers side window with the two rear windows, instead of the passenger side. Duh!

Just reread what I wrote and compared it to the manual page.

DON*T press the driver*s window button and the two rears ... instead press the PASSENGER front and both rear window buttons.
Will now go back and correct my error.
The procedure in post # 23 is now correct.

Last edited:
Don't forget that the only thing that is disabled is the automatic folding function.

You can still fold them as required by turning the mirror switch all the was down (6 o'clock position), then turning back up to 12 o'clock to extend them again.

Back