Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Thread: Live 2019 Mazda3 Reveal

  1. #61
    Registered Member

    2014 CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    1,919
    Here is some information on the Sky-X engine in the 3.

    https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-much-...-th-1832402439

    Looks to be ~175 HP and 164 lbs torque. Better than the 2.0 (which is 155 and 150) but will be interesting to see how much better the mileage is.

    I can see why they are releasing it in Europe first as a few MPG improvement is always welcomed. In the USA, nobody cares. The will wonder why they are spending more for a car that has less power.
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature



  2. #62
    Registered Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Here is some information on the Sky-X engine in the 3.

    https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-much-...-th-1832402439

    Looks to be ~175 HP and 164 lbs torque. Better than the 2.0 (which is 155 and 150) but will be interesting to see how much better the mileage is.

    I can see why they are releasing it in Europe first as a few MPG improvement is always welcomed. In the USA, nobody cares. The will wonder why they are spending more for a car that has less power.
    Multiple Canadian press sites announced that last year. Gas in Canada is much more expensive than in the US so Canada may get it sooner.

    https://driving.ca/mazda/mazda3/auto...ll-wheel-drive

    "The X puts out 178 horsepower and 164 lb.-ft. of torque."

  3. #63
    Registered Member

    2014 CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    1,919
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodlum View Post
    Multiple Canadian press sites announced that last year. Gas in Canada is much more expensive than in the US so Canada may get it sooner.

    https://driving.ca/mazda/mazda3/auto...ll-wheel-drive

    "The X puts out 178 horsepower and 164 lb.-ft. of torque."

    I am hoping that is old information and won't be the final number. I can't see that selling well unless the MPG is tremendous.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  4. #64
    Registered Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    I am hoping that is old information and won't be the final number. I can't see that selling well unless the MPG is tremendous.
    Based on the following comment I think Mazda is working on a 2.5l version of the SkyActiv-x. The 2.5L SkyActiv-G came out 1 year after the 2.0L SkyActiv-G. So if the 2.0L SkyActiv-X comes out later this year then I could see the 2.5L version by the end of next year. My guess is that it would have 210-215 HP and torque.

    "Masahiro Moro, president and CEO of Mazda North America, told journalists that the company may still be exploring the full potential of the new engine technology"

  5. #65
    Registered Member

    2014 CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    1,919
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodlum View Post
    Based on the following comment I think Mazda is working on a 2.5l version of the SkyActiv-x. The 2.5L SkyActiv-G came out 1 year after the 2.0L SkyActiv-G. So if the 2.0L SkyActiv-X comes out later this year then I could see the 2.5L version by the end of next year. My guess is that it would have 210-215 HP and torque.

    "Masahiro Moro, president and CEO of Mazda North America, told journalists that the company may still be exploring the full potential of the new engine technology"
    The new Sky-X is using a mild hybrid for starts and low load situations. I wonder if that could be tuned to provide better performance with limited impact on mileage.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  6. #66
    Registered Member finch204's Avatar

    2013 VRM Mazdaspeed3, 2016 Soul Red CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    1,165
    If the new Mazda3 comes out with 178 horsepower only, it will not sell. I probably won't even consider a test drive. The concerning thing is that this SkyActiv-X engine is supposed to be the premium engine slotted above the 2.5L engine. Unless the new Mazda3 has Miata tricks up its sleeve, where it loses horsepower but ends up being faster, it will be a hard sell.


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 Mazda3 Spotted in Japan
    By Antoine in forum Mazda3 Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-08-2019, 03:17 PM
  2. Live 2019 Mazda 3 Reveal
    By Chris_Top_Her in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-01-2018, 01:31 PM
  3. 2019 CX-5 configurator now live
    By Monterra in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-11-2018, 12:38 AM
  4. 2014 Mazda3 Hatchback USA Configurator Goes Live
    By coolmazda5 in forum Mazda3 Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 08:45 PM
  5. Watch the Mazda2 reveal live from the 2009 LA auto show
    By nate0123 in forum Mazda2 Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 03:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •