A little birdie told me....

AWD, sweet! Smart move...

Unfortunately, that short rounded rear end makes the new Pinocchio nose Mazda went for even more hideous...Don*t think I could do it, just like the Velocitor mentioned, that thing isn*t really pretty to look at either...

Shooting brake look perhaps.

Google FT 86 hatch and BMW M2 shooting hatch

I think shooting brake designs look terrible. Even the Ferrari.

I think its an acquired taste. It actually looks like a smushed mazda6 wagon. The Sedan looks a lot more balanced than previous models where the front looked too long.

I think shooting brake designs look terrible. Even the Ferrari.

Agreed.

I think its an acquired taste. It actually looks like a smushed mazda6 wagon. The Sedan looks a lot more balanced than previous models where the front looked too long.

I really am liking the look of the sedan, again minus the front end and the window chrome. The hatch...less so. And I'm not a sedan kinda guy.

The sedan looks better than the previous gen for sure. Id probably still go hatch as I think itll look fine in person and its already growing on me in the pictures. That being said Im probably keeping the GTI. AWD is nice but I like the 220+ hp [emoji2]

The sedan looks better than the previous gen for sure. I*d probably still go hatch as I think it*ll look fine in person and it*s already growing on me in the pictures. That being said I*m probably keeping the GTI. AWD is nice but I like the 220+ hp [emoji2]

Yeah, you got it on power, that's for sure.

Now you're just loopy..Friday here we come(cheers)- we really need an ipa emoj option although season is right for dark stuff now- I'll still pass. Any Toppling Goliath yet? Looks like they're still only in Southern NE unfortunately- but if you're down in Taxachusetts you should check em out.

Last edited:
I'm unsure of the styling aesthetically and need to see it in person, I also need to see what Subaru is going to do with the WRX platform's next iteration, but so far, this and the WRX are vying for a replacement in a few years. I've honestly just given up on owning anything really nice until after I pay my house off. I really think long-term, that owning a cheap car that doesn't cost me much of anything per month is the way to go until I have zero notes in my life and can get something super fun. Not the sexy answer for the next 20 years, but when I'm 50-55 and a Huracan or whatever the equivalent is ain't no thang, I'll be quite happy I sacrificed short-term.

Subaru lost me with no hatch and a CVT. Mirrors work well in traffic if you set them up the right way which unfortunately isnt how most people do it. I dont understand why people need to see their own car in their mirror.

Subaru lost me with no hatch and a CVT. Mirrors work well in traffic if you set them up the right way which unfortunately isn*t how most people do it. I don*t understand why people need to see their own car in their mirror.

I setup my mirrors to see my cars body slightly. The mirror setup to eliminate blind spot does not work well in Multi lane roads with heavy traffic. Because you can't tell if the car in the blind spot is in the next lane or the 3rd lane from you. This mirror setup works great for DFW / Other metro areas. Two lane rural roads or two lane city roads - yeah blind spot eliminating mirror setup is good - it is useless on some of office traffic here. I look over my shoulder and it works great.

Made me sad, torsion beam rear is disappointing and the awd seems very basic that even Dave was struggling to find positives over any other awd on the market.

I setup my mirrors to see my cars body slightly. The mirror setup to eliminate blind spot does not work well in Multi lane roads with heavy traffic. Because you can't tell if the car in the blind spot is in the next lane or the 3rd lane from you. This mirror setup works great for DFW / Other metro areas. Two lane rural roads or two lane city roads - yeah blind spot eliminating mirror setup is good - it is useless on some of office traffic here. I look over my shoulder and it works great.

Yea you can...... we have multiple lane highways here and Ive used that setup for years. I also do look before I move as one should. On the GTI it also had a large c pillar but it hasnt proven to be a problem. Visibility is actually better than it was on the ST I had previously.

Back