Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Oxygen Sensor SPACER/EXTENDER - Verdict?

  1. #1
    Registered Member gova's Avatar

    '14.5 CX-5 Touring AWD, Soul Red | '14 CX-5 Touring AWD White

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    502

    Oxygen Sensor SPACER/EXTENDER - Verdict?

    So, what's the word on those? Anyone used those with CX5? Benefits/downsides?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

    '15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    5,840
    Quote Originally Posted by gova View Post
    So, what's the word on those? Anyone used those with CX5? Benefits/downsides?

    Thanks
    I've only seen people using these to help spoof readings on custom exhaust setups/aftermarket manifolds..

  3. #3
    Registered Member
    Donated: $15

    2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD, 2015 SCION XB

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    ABE area, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,171
    What are you trying to do exactly? Change air/fuel mixtures?

  4. #4
    Registered Member gova's Avatar

    '14.5 CX-5 Touring AWD, Soul Red | '14 CX-5 Touring AWD White

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    502
    I think they also want to put it further from exhaust with OEM.

  5. #5
    Registered Member finch204's Avatar

    2013 VRM Mazdaspeed3, 2016 Soul Red CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    1,107
    Why do you need one? Unless you have removed your CAT or run an aftermarket exhaust that is triggering a CEL, there is no benefit to installing one.


  6. #6
    Registered Member gova's Avatar

    '14.5 CX-5 Touring AWD, Soul Red | '14 CX-5 Touring AWD White

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by finch204 View Post
    Why do you need one? Unless you have removed your CAT or run an aftermarket exhaust that is triggering a CEL, there is no benefit to installing one.
    I did not say I need one. I was just curious what is the general opinion about those in here.

  7. #7
    Work in Progress sm1ke's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MB, Canada
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by gova View Post
    I did not say I need one. I was just curious what is the general opinion about those in here.
    As Chris_Top_Her stated, they're really only used to spoof readings on custom exhaust setups/aftermarket manifolds. You either need one, or you don't, and they either work, or they don't. The only other measure is reliability/durability, and for that you'd need to compare 02 extenders from different manufacturers.

    Maybe you meant to ask what an 02 extender does, since you didn't provide any specifics that would lead us to believe that you were looking for opinions on a particular 02 extender.

  8. #8
    Registered Member finch204's Avatar

    2013 VRM Mazdaspeed3, 2016 Soul Red CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by gova View Post
    I did not say I need one. I was just curious what is the general opinion about those in here.
    My apologies. No one usually ask something like that for oxygen sensors spacers, unless said person has or is planning to mod their exhaust system.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  9. #9
    Registered Member gova's Avatar

    '14.5 CX-5 Touring AWD, Soul Red | '14 CX-5 Touring AWD White

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    As Chris_Top_Her stated, they're really only used to spoof readings on custom exhaust setups/aftermarket manifolds. You either need one, or you don't, and they either work, or they don't. The only other measure is reliability/durability, and for that you'd need to compare 02 extenders from different manufacturers.

    Maybe you meant to ask what an 02 extender does, since you didn't provide any specifics that would lead us to believe that you were looking for opinions on a particular 02 extender.
    No.

    I have read that some people do use those to: 1. Position an element in between exhaust/sensor to provide better removal/install options. 2. Some claim that by using the extender , the sensor might last longer.

    Emission testing was not a part of my inquiry.

    In any case, your all replies are very much appreciated.

Similar Threads

  1. Lower MPG after I changed my O2 sensor (Oxygen Sensor)
    By NestorGonzalez in forum Protege5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2015, 03:28 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 12:55 PM
  3. WTB oxygen sensor
    By MaxRX7 in forum Completed Transactions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 09:45 AM
  4. Oxygen sensor
    By grigo in forum Mazda Protege
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 02:07 PM
  5. FS: MS6 OEM Oxygen Sensor
    By piotrekkb in forum Completed Transactions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 09:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •