Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Test drove a '19 GT-R and Signature today

Registered Member

ss

Quote Originally Posted by kpluck View Post
    Long shot question, I know, but have you ever driven an Alfa Romeo Stelvio by chance? From what I have been reading 2018 models are going from about $10K-$12K below sticker (seems to vary by area). That puts some models in the CX-5 turbo price range.

-kp
    You're right. There appear to be some steep discounts on Alfa's. However I've ruled out any brands where there's only one dealer in the entire state. (just like Jaguar).

The '18 Audi Q5's are also discounted pretty heavily right now. The base trim comes close to CX-5 Sig. price territory but it takes the Prestige trim to include all the options that come standard with the Sig. and that jumps it up around $10k.

2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.

I'm going to test drive the 2.5T eventually, just to see how it drives. Doubt I'll trade in for it but just so I know what I'm missing I love the CX-5 and will keep it for a few more years then probably get a sedan next. I'd really like to get back into an accord again and I do like the new 2.0t touring models. Will probably see how it looks after the next refresh. Heck, if the next CX-5 refresh looks better I'll stick with that again but I kinda want a sedan again tho lol

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by davefr View Post
    You're right. There appear to be some steep discounts on Alfa's. However I've ruled out any brands where there's only one dealer in the entire state. (just like Jaguar).

The '18 Audi Q5's are also discounted pretty heavily right now. The base trim comes close to CX-5 Sig. price territory but it takes the Prestige trim to include all the options that come standard with the Sig. and that jumps it up around $10k.
    If you buy the Alfa, keep a CX-5 around to use when the Alfa is down!

i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    I won*t be surprised when Alfa exits the US market again.

Huge discounts are not a good sign for model or brand.
    Last edited by Kedis82ZE8; 11-25-2018 at 09:08 PM.
    '15 CX-5 GT 2.5L w/tech package - Liquid Silver Metallic (04/2014 build-07/2014 delivery) - 45K Miles

Donated: $10

Mazda CX-5 FWD Touring

CX5 T: 227Hp on regular fuel. 250 Hp on 91 octane. Torques 310lb/ft at 2,000 rpm. Hp at 5,000 rpm.
    RDX 272Hp at 6,500 rpm and 280 lb/ft at 1,600 rpm.
    And the quickest 0 to 60 mph car of the 3 is the BMW X3 2.0T 248hp at 5,200 rpm and 158lb/ft at 1,450 rpm.

I think the X3 is the nicest appearance quality of the 3. When I made a simple comparison of features vs price the RDX is about $4,500 more than the CX5 and the X3 is another 1,000 over the RDX. These prices are for those who are foolish enough to pay MSRP to be first guy on the block to show off one. Ed

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    Just my opinion...while I wouldn't rule out an RDX as I cross-shopped a '15 RDX when I bought my CX-5 I don't entertain the European brands as I am long term owner. Call me stubborn if you will but I still don't believe their overall reliability issues have been addressed. Can you find a reliable one? Sure.... statistically..there are probably many who have good luck but overall it seems there will be issues long term. I've noticed as well when someone claims great luck with a European brand it isn't a fully loaded model but a base model lacking the problem areas. Nothing you haven't heard before but if I only bought or leased vehicles under warranty.. no problem with any brand assuming it isn't parked at the dealer every other week. That isn't me though but I don't look down on those that often turnover their vehicles. That is their choice.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

MX5

Quote Originally Posted by Kedis82ZE8 View Post
    Just my opinion...while I wouldn't rule out an RDX as I cross-shopped a '15 RDX when I bought my CX-5 I don't entertain the European brands as I am long term owner. Call me stubborn if you will but I still don't believe their overall reliability issues have been addressed. Can you find a reliable one? Sure.... statistically..there are probably many who have good luck but overall it seems there will be issues long term. I've noticed as well when someone claims great luck with a European brand it isn't a fully loaded model but a base model lacking the problem areas. Nothing you haven't heard before but if I only bought or leased vehicles under warranty.. no problem with any brand assuming it isn't parked at the dealer every other week. That isn't me though but I don't look down on those that often turnover their vehicles. That is their choice.
    Seriously, who has time to go to the dealers. I rather use my time doing something else. When I had the Tacoma new which came with free oil change, I never once stepped into the dealership for the free work.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by svhofxho View Post
    Seriously, who has time to go to the dealers. I rather use my time doing something else. When I had the Tacoma new which came with free oil change, I never once stepped into the dealership for the free work.
    Have you never experienced a recall? Heck.. I have a Lexus (Toyota) GX 460 and had to take to dealer to replace the front passenger airbag w/Takata recall....also got hit with a water pump replacement under warranty.

The only vehicle that never saw the dealer for something under warranty was my wife's first new car. It was a '96 Mazda Protege LX. Gutless to a non-turbo diesel level but oh so reliable.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by erhayes View Post
    CX5 T: 227Hp on regular fuel. 250 Hp on 91 octane. Torques 310lb/ft at 2,000 rpm. Hp at 5,000 rpm.
    RDX 272Hp at 6,500 rpm and 280 lb/ft at 1,600 rpm.
    And the quickest 0 to 60 mph car of the 3 is the BMW X3 2.0T 248hp at 5,200 rpm and 158lb/ft at 1,450 rpm.

I think the X3 is the nicest appearance quality of the 3. When I made a simple comparison of features vs price the RDX is about $4,500 more than the CX5 and the X3 is another 1,000 over the RDX. These prices are for those who are foolish enough to pay MSRP to be first guy on the block to show off one. Ed
    Wacky that the RDX has so much torque down low but you still feel all that turbo lag. I am convinced that BMW under states their true HP.

Registered Member banjos-n-beer's Avatar

2014 QX70 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    If you buy the Alfa, keep a CX-5 around to use when the Alfa is down!
    I checked in on an Alpha forum. Most owners are quite happy, despite needing an occasional firmware/software update. Nothing like the gloom and doom you hear about elsewhere. Of course most owners there have the 2.0L 4 banger.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by banjos-n-beer View Post
    I checked in on an Alpha forum. Most owners are quite happy, despite needing an occasional firmware/software update. Nothing like the gloom and doom you hear about elsewhere. Of course most owners there have the 2.0L 4 banger.
    That may be the sweet spot for those models. Perhaps I have been tainted by too many Youtube videos with the other models talking about issues with the higher displacement models.

Registered Member

MX5

Quote Originally Posted by Kedis82ZE8 View Post
    Have you never experienced a recall? Heck.. I have a Lexus (Toyota) GX 460 and had to take to dealer to replace the front passenger airbag w/Takata recall....also got hit with a water pump replacement under warranty.

The only vehicle that never saw the dealer for something under warranty was my wife's first new car. It was a '96 Mazda Protege LX. Gutless to a non-turbo diesel level but oh so reliable.
    Wife had a 2007 Lexus ES which had numerous issues. Towed both time to dealerships (one was a engine surrounding issue that lost all oil when she was driving).

Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

The last Mazda (Familia) GTR (also available as GTS)
    4WD, 1.8L Turbo 210 HP, 185 ft/lb 5 Speed manual with LSD, Rally car descended

Now back as a CUV.. kind of like Mitsubishi Eclipse
    Last edited by Chris_Top_Her; 11-26-2018 at 03:44 AM.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    Is that the same as '88 323 GTX AWD Turbo? Wanted one when this was a new rig while in high school.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by banjos-n-beer View Post
    I would argue that enthusiast forums are not representative of the car. God knows what people would think about Mazda after reading these forums!

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast