Test drove a '19 GT-R and Signature today

Same can be said for the 2.5T with the smaller gas tank they*ll have about the same range...

same range somewhat..

mazda
14.3 gal x 22mpg = 314 miles

porsche
19.8 gal x 17mpg = 336.6 miles

from what i can tell, you're still saving $$ with the cx-5 with slightly less range than the turbo.

but every car i've owned that had memory seats worked with the power mirrors.
i'm surprised these 2 are not linked in the mazda is kind of a let down.

Well, that is inconvenient. But thinking about it, it makes sense. The movement of the mirror is automated not the movement of the internal mirror.

same range somewhat..

mazda
14.3 gal x 22mpg = 314 miles

porsche
19.8 gal x 17mpg = 336.6 miles

from what i can tell, you're still saving $$ with the cx-5 with slightly less range than the turbo.

I didn*t say anything about saving money at all. No intention too whatsoever... Saw different numbers than you as well, 19mpg est avg Macan, 24-24.5 avg CX-5. Anyways, personally think the CX-5 needs a little bigger gas tank. Go on and crucify me for it, it*s not a complaint, just an observation noted by numerous folks here as well... awd model has a smaller tank and less mpg, which doesn*t help, either.

Yes, the Macan S is sick!!! I too, would choose the GTR or Sig CX-5 over the RDX as well...

that macan Turbo is sick!!!!
but so would filling up that bad boy every 2 days =P

The Turbo is a beast like the top trim of the Stelvio, Mileage is not too bad in daily drive mode.

If I was real concerned about gas expense my list of consideration would be very different. Prius?
Ugh..... I hope not.

I talked to a Cayenne owner a few days ago. He is on his 3rd and has taken each over 100k with only regular maintenance. He said he never buys new. In Atlanta there are so many being leased that they are easy to find a year old for a decent price. A lot of Mercedes and Audi here as well.

I*m in no rush and really not attached to any particular brand of any product. I have owned the CX5 since 13 and only gripe now and then about sluggish acceleration. Sometimes it is fairly peppy for what it is. I plan on taking it over 100K before I buy something else. Plus, my positive blog write up on the 14 CX-5 has been the #3 most viewed post from viewers around the world.

Last edited:
i'm wondering if a bigger tank would yield lower mpg numbers because of the weight?
but either way, you'll get the longer range.

I didn*t say anything about saving money at all. No intention too whatsoever... Saw different numbers than you as well, 19mpg est avg Macan, 24-24.5 avg CX-5. Anyways, personally think the CX-5 needs a little bigger gas tank. Go on and crucify me for it, it*s not a complaint, just an observation noted by numerous folks here as well... awd model has a smaller tank and less mpg, which doesn*t help, either.

Yes, the Macan S is sick!!! I too, would choose the GTR or Sig CX-5 over the RDX as well...

We can all agree you will get a better bang on a used car due to not having to pay for depreciation.
with that said, some like myself, never considered a used car, i guess it's a mental thing...but yes you can get better than what a $34k mazda can offer if looking at other markets.
Another option is just wait for used 2.5T models to come to market and that same $34k car will be had for much less =)

The Turbo is a beast like the top trim of the Stelvio, Mileage is not too bad in daily drive mode.

If I was real concerned about gas expense my list of consideration would be very different. Prius?
Ugh..... I hope not.

I talked to a Cayenne owner a few days ago. He is on his 3rd and has taken each over 100k with only regular maintenance. He said he never buys new. In Atlanta there are so many being leased that they are easy to find a year old for a decent price. A lot of Mercedes and Audi here as well.

I*m in no rush and really not attached to any particular brand of any product. I have owned the CX5 since 13 and only gripe now and then about sluggish acceleration. Sometimes it is fairly peppy for what it is. I plan on taking it over 100K before I buy something else. Plus, my positive blog write up on the 14 CX-5 has been the #3 most viewed post from viewers around the world.

(peep) Kinda late.. glad things simmered down as usual (yippy)

The tank is smaller because it crosses over the driveshaft. My 125k cx5 isnt even worth selling at this point. Better to keep it and mod it more. Even if I have a Nissan GTR I'd still rock the CX5. Also do you guys think if I put Crown Royal in my gas tank my exhaust will smell good?

My old IS300 side mirrors use to be linked with the memory seats as well as the steering wheel positioning . Since I use to let my little brother use it when he needed to go out it was a pretty sweet option to have .

We can all agree you will get a better bang on a used car due to not having to pay for depreciation.
with that said, some like myself, never considered a used car, i guess it's a mental thing...but yes you can get better than what a $34k mazda can offer if looking at other markets.
Another option is just wait for used 2.5T models to come to market and that same $34k car will be had for much less =)

**.and that sir is why I still have the CX-5 on the list.
My last several cars were bought within a certain price range and bought with cash. Financial advisers like Dave Ramsey or Clark Howard say don't buy new, but like you I like to start with near zero miles. To me that means that no car payment for 10 years or more if the car is solid in reliability like the Mazda or a Toyota. For me personally this has worked out financially in a very good way. (Oh and we chose not to have kids. Oh crap they cost a fortune when I listen to friends talking about kids and college)

Like Chris, in my perfect world excluding the wife factor, I would have the CX5 as a daily driver and then an actual sports car like a lightly used Cayman GTS or Turbo as the garage queen. On the other side I have a hard time thinking about owning something someone else owned. I have enjoyed the past 20 years buying new with cash and drive them until they are worthless. I've been told repeatedly that CPO is a good deal, but I am struggling with it as well.

I am with you on buying new and being the first owner. I really do like that aspect.

Last edited:
i'm wondering if a bigger tank would yield lower mpg numbers because of the weight?
but either way, you'll get the longer range.

Adding 4 gallons would only be 32 lbs, so I doubt you*d notice a difference. All good either way, I honestly don*t care about mpg or stopping at the gas station more as gas is the cheapest anywhere here, and it gives me a reason to buy another lottery ticket in hopes of winning so I can buy one of those performance SUV thingamajigs...(drive2)(silly)(outie)

Last edited:
lottery ticket in hopes of winning so I can buy one of those performance SUV thingamajigs...(drive2)(silly)(outie)

Have you seen the Lambo Urus?
Supposedly it is the baddest ass of all bad ass SUVs. Gas stations need to be spaced no more than 10 miles apart but youll get there in a matter of seconds. :)

The super car YouTube reviewers drool over it. Just a lottery ticket away.

https://blog.dupontregistry.com/videos/lamborghini-urus-vs-tesla-model-x-p100d-results-in-new-world-record/

Last edited:
Urus is butt ugly. Macan is just average ugly. Stelvio is the beaut.

They*ve offered to sell me a brand new Stelvio here for just a couple grand more than the Sig CX-5. Can*t lie, it is very very tempting...

Here comes the reliability flaming. Please refrain...

Have you seen the Lambo Urus?
Supposedly it is the baddest ass of all bad ass SUVs. Gas stations need to be spaced no more than 10 miles apart but you*ll get there in a matter of seconds. :)

The super car YouTube reviewers drool over it. Just a lottery ticket away.

https://blog.dupontregistry.com/vid...la-model-x-p100d-results-in-new-world-record/

Neighbors son has a Bentley Bentayga and parks it in front of my house. I almost poop my pants when I walk outside. Told
Him I*d wash it for him if he let me dry it off by driving it. At least he chuckled...lol

but every car i've owned that had memory seats worked with the power mirrors.
i'm surprised these 2 are not linked in the mazda is kind of a let down.

They've got to cut content somewhere to save you that $10k....

I'm with you, young. I don't want to inherit anyone's problems. Especially since we're talking about cars that people tend to hammer.

Neighbors son has a Bentley Bentayga and parks it in front of my house. I almost poop my pants when I walk outside. Told
Him I*d wash it for him if he let me dry it off by driving it. At least he chuckled...lol

Whoa....has he let you ride in it at least? I will probably never see one of those in person.

Back