Test drove a '19 GT-R and Signature today

you stole the words out of my head as I was typing. no need for me to even write them.

some of the people here seem to have their eye on what they want but prefer to stay here and complain about a car/brand they own even though they know themselves know another car brand would satisfy their needs. which is why they come out as whiners.

You have no idea what the **** you*re talking about...

you stole the words out of my head as I was typing. no need for me to even write them.

some of the people here seem to have their eye on what they want but prefer to stay here and complain about a car/brand they own even though they know themselves know another car brand would satisfy their needs. which is why they come out as whiners.
Mazda pegged exactly what I liked and now they don't. Nobody else has filled that void, so I hope Mazda takes note, because like you guys I find the competition largely uninteresting or ugly.

Such a change. I remember when the battlecry was "Mazda is a small niche company and doesnt chase sales volume!"

That said, it kindof is Mazdas take on a performance SUV. They took a vehicle they had sold for 5+ years and then doubled the torque and added 60+hp for a select trim level...

If this isnt a "performance" suv, what is it? Adequate/normal? If so, is the rest of the cx5 line just dogs***? I mean, its gotta be one or the other.

Totally wrong. It's not either/or. There's a continuous range of performance from dogs*** to hot s***. YOU are the only one trying to put a label on it so you can criticize it for not meeting YOUR standards or wish list.

Mazda put a more powerful engine in it. That makes it quicker, that's all. If they were making a "performance" SUV they WOULD have upgraded the brakes and suspension. They're just trying to keep the buyers who like the CX-5, but think its power is only adequate. And who are willing to pay a premium to get it.

A cheerleader? Ha, that*s funny. Well, if that*s the case, quit trying be nice to Colorado because we have the EXACT same believes toward ours and the present CX-5. I love my CX-5 just as much as he does, I*ve been screaming for the turbo engine since 2015, and that*s honestly the only thing mine lacks that I give two s**** about...

It IS funny! Glad you agree.

Mazda pegged exactly what I liked and now they don't. Nobody else has filled that void, so I hope Mazda takes note, because like you guys I find the competition largely uninteresting or ugly.

That's the point. It's not perfect, but it's the best available in its class. Nothing else comes close for the money.

That's the point. It's not perfect, but it's the best available in its class. Nothing else comes close for the money.

Exactly, the 2.5 turbo along with the other signature features is why the CX5 is now on our radar. Drove a CX5 sig and RDX advance back to back, liked the signature better, the Mazda sig interior is way better except for the smaller nav screen, and it's 10K cheaper. RDX has more interior room, but that is not a big deal to us. Mazda turbo felt and sounded more refined.

Exactly
35K for a Signature
Literally 5K+/- more for a Porsche Macan S, for example, that has the capability of being easily modded with a $1K ECU/PDK tune to perform almost as good as their top $80K model. Shop around and be patient it is not always a $25K difference as you stated. It could be just a 2 to 5K difference.

Now on the other hand there is the wife factor. That's a whole other struggle.

Oh I did not state that 25K difference, you did and you did it again in the above post by comparing the 35K Signature performance to the top end Macan.

So we are now :
disregarding the fact that Mazda is new. 5 Yr 60K warranty.
disregarding the fact that a tune on a 2 Liter 4 cyl to get 440 hp might have side effects. And warranty voided?
disregarding the running costs for the Macan which is going to be high unless you can build parts at home for it like Ed China.

with the above 3 - yeah Mazda loses. Plain and simple.

In conclusion, since Mazda does not make a car which has 440 hp for $41,000 *NEW* (Tune + CPO cost of a Macan S) or something comparable - you are gravitating away from Mazda.
You are comparing a stock Mazda which is not hard core performance to a top of the line Macan and no surprise Mazda loses. Who would have thought - buying used in the market, tuning it would have better value than buying new.
Fair enough. Would any Mazda fanboys want to argue against this - I dont see how you win this argument.

ok well noted.
I see your point.
This is very similar to many gen1 mazda3 owners, they absolutely abhor the design direction of the new mazda3's.
It's a matter of personal taste. As mentioned here before, I guess it's the way people post their comments.

I remember when i had my e39 bmw it was one of the first refreshed models, I absolutely loved it! angel eyes and all,
and when the next generation came out, i was like WTF??? bangle butt?? are you kidding me??? and those headlights with eye lids??? thank goodness BMW has updated all their line ups.
The 7 series was especially bad! ( but that's my opinion, some people probably loved it....some people with poor taste that is =P )

Would i ever go back to BMW?...possibly, but i just find it is a better value with Mazda, I don't see the need to spend the extra $$$ for luxury branding.
And besides, i'm highly into the design aspect of the automobile, and to me, Mazda seems to be hitting it out of the park. Design and handling.
I would also say Jaguar and Volvo's have pretty good designs on their lineups.

That's the point. A lot of us Gen 1 folks are a completely different market than what Gen 2 appeals to. It's not whining, I like what Nelson said...it's a critique. I understand many like the direction Mazda is going, but there are plenty of us who don't.

I love my Gen 1 CX-5 and I have very rarely had anything negative to say about it. I hope everyday that nothing ever happens to it until it's time, because I don't love the Gen 2.

You cannot fault someone who is absolutely in love with their car for specific reasons to be completely disappointed in a new direction for the same product that either destroys what they like about it, or otherwise makes something worse in order to appeal to a new market.

I can't speak for Uno or others, I for one would never buy a Mercedes product. But I am speaking simply for me. Keep calling it generic whining if you want, but I am simply voicing my displeasure....

As plenty of people on YOUR side did leading up to the Gen 2 with things like sound deadening, etc. I won't disparage you or anyone else for liking what they like, just please don't disparage me or others who have had our CX-5s for years, and like other things and are otherwise displeased with the change.

Dang!!
what are you a lawyer?
I see you are good at debating ;)

anyways..hopefully back on topic, anyone post more pics of their signature model? possible the interior footwell lighting!

Oh I did not state that 25K difference, you did and you did it again in the above post by comparing the 35K Signature performance to the top end Macan.

So we are now :
disregarding the fact that Mazda is new. 5 Yr 60K warranty.
disregarding the fact that a tune on a 2 Liter 4 cyl to get 440 hp might have side effects. And warranty voided?
disregarding the running costs for the Macan which is going to be high unless you can build parts at home for it like Ed China.

with the above 3 - yeah Mazda loses. Plain and simple.

In conclusion, since Mazda does not make a car which has 440 hp for $41,000 *NEW* (Tune + CPO cost of a Macan S) or something comparable - you are gravitating away from Mazda.
You are comparing a stock Mazda which is not hard core performance to a top of the line Macan and no surprise Mazda loses. Who would have thought - buying used in the market, tuning it would have better value than buying new.
Fair enough. Would any Mazda fanboys want to argue against this - I dont see how you win this argument.

Dang!!
what are you a lawyer?

He is not that good actually. His reading skills are severely lacking IMO. He is trying hard to look smart though.
One example, Macan S is not the top end model as he stated. He doesn't get things right.

my brother in law is eyeing the new RDX...
i can't wait to get the new cx-5 sig and show him i saved $10k =P

You definitely get more for your $$ with Mazda.
Some people fail to recognize how far Mazda have come and are quick to dismiss what it offers.
Usually people who own acuras, infinitis and lexus' do not look at Mazda.
But i'm hoping this will soon change as they are definitely going up market!

just not a big fan of the acura designs...just too angular and in your face.
But i do like the bigger screen.

Exactly, the 2.5 turbo along with the other signature features is why the CX5 is now on our radar. Drove a CX5 sig and RDX advance back to back, liked the signature better, the Mazda sig interior is way better except for the smaller nav screen, and it's 10K cheaper. RDX has more interior room, but that is not a big deal to us. Mazda turbo felt and sounded more refined.

that macan Turbo is sick!!!!
but so would filling up that bad boy every 2 days =P

He is not that good actually. His reading skills are severely lacking IMO. He is trying hard to look smart though.
One example, Macan S is not the top end model as he stated. He doesn't get things right.

Dang!!
what are you a lawyer?

anyways..hopefully back on topic, anyone post more pics of their signature model? possible the interior footwell lighting!

I agree with you Young-nyc.

Back to the topic in hand. To the OP, how does the brown leather look outside in the sun? I noticed in the Mazda 6, it was much browner and nicer outside in the sun, as compared to the showroom floor. Also, do the power mirrors function in conjunction with the seat memory (I may have missed this if mentioned before)?

i'm almost certain that the power mirrors do not work with the memory seats..from what i read.
I could be wrong...any confirmation on this?

I agree with you Young-nyc.

Back to the topic in hand. To the OP, how does the brown leather look outside in the sun? I noticed in the Mazda 6, it was much browner and nicer outside in the sun, as compared to the showroom floor. Also, do the power mirrors function in conjunction with the seat memory (I may have missed this if mentioned before)?

my brother in law is eyeing the new RDX...
i can't wait to get the new cx-5 sig and show him i saved $10k =P

You definitely get more for your $$ with Mazda.
Some people fail to recognize how far Mazda have come and are quick to dismiss what it offers.
Usually people who own acuras, infinitis and lexus' do not look at Mazda.
But i'm hoping this will soon change as they are definitely going up market!

just not a big fan of the acura designs...just too angular and in your face.
But i do like the bigger screen.

Not just the design, the look and feel of the interior materials was better in the sig than rdx advance, in rdx the graining and sheen of the interior was different depending where your looking, sig had a consistent look that was more expensive looking to my eye. sig gets stitched door tops rdx plain soft touch plastic, I thought the exterior paint and panel alignment and gaps was excellent too, Mazda has come a long way from a few years ago.

i'm almost certain that the power mirrors do not work with the memory seats..from what i read.
I could be wrong...any confirmation on this?

Well, that is inconvenient. But thinking about it, it makes sense. The movement of the mirror is automated not the movement of the internal mirror.

Back