Test drove a '19 GT-R and Signature today

No, you are very far off in my perspective. I am not looking for cheaper at all.
Is Motel 6 a better value to a Hilton? It may be cheaper, but to me it is not a better value. If that makes sense?
When I used the word value it has a different meaning to me and not necessarily a monetary amount.

It doesnt makes sense at all, specially not the way you describe it. Because Motel 6 is half the price of Hilton or even less. That translates to someone going to buy a car and saying - my budget is from 25,000 dollars to 50,000 dollars. I dont see this happening at all. Value buyers are typically - more knowledgeable and more financially nuanced. Which means they do have some bounds on transaction prices before they even venture out to make a purchase. A value buyer would say 35,000 plus or minus 5,000 if i get good value. I dont know if he would say plus or minus 25,000 if he gets a good deal.

So you like the CX5 Sig, you just dont like the price.
Or you like the price - dont like the performance or features.
Or you would like the price and everything if it had an Audi badge and was more expensive to maintain.

This is part of the struggle for Mazda but I dont see Signature MSRP as outrageous. Expensive for sure - not ridiculous. Sales numbers will tell the final story.

very well spoken,
I like the way you respond, maybe a little too good for some members to even understand ;) it's too logical..

It doesnt makes sense at all, specially not the way you describe it. Because Motel 6 is half the price of Hilton or even less. That translates to someone going to buy a car and saying - my budget is from 25,000 dollars to 50,000 dollars. I dont see this happening at all. Value buyers are typically - more knowledgeable and more financially nuanced. Which means they do have some bounds on transaction prices before they even venture out to make a purchase. A value buyer would say 35,000 plus or minus 5,000 if i get good value. I dont know if he would say plus or minus 25,000 if he gets a good deal.

So you like the CX5 Sig, you just dont like the price.
Or you like the price - dont like the performance or features.
Or you would like the price and everything if it had an Audi badge and was more expensive to maintain.

This is part of the struggle for Mazda but I dont see Signature MSRP as outrageous. Expensive for sure - not ridiculous. Sales numbers will tell the final story.

There are whiners everywhere..
no matter what, you cannot satisfy everyone, just hope that they have enough people supporting the decision and design direction that they are headed.

And i also noticed that many people who whine, are people who especially aren't even in the market for such a car.

There are people that will complain about Mazda no matter what they do. The complained about the lack of 2.5T, the lack of sound proofing, newer style and now that those have been addressed, they are complaining about other things. Suspension, which no one says is a problem, and price.

no matter what, you cannot satisfy everyone, just hope that they have enough people supporting the decision and design direction that they are headed.

And i also noticed that many people who whine, are people who especially aren't even in the market for such a car.

Whiners?! Lmao!!

So those of us who already own CX-5s aren*t in the market for new ones? Umm Kay, whatever...

Whiners?! Lmao!!

So those of us who already own CX-5s aren*t in the market for new ones? Umm Kay, whatever...

if you own a cx5 and you do not like "where mazda is headed" why in the world would you still be looking to purchase the same suv or even yet the same brand? that's kind of moronic. if I don't like something I walk away slowly and look at things I think are better. they're not going to head back and take you or your opinion into account, they will take into account the opinion of people that actually like the car/ the brand and the majority of people as of now like the car, like the style, like what they offer and where "the brand is headed".

That's the point. A lot of us Gen 1 folks are a completely different market than what Gen 2 appeals to. It's not whining, I like what Nelson said...it's a critique. I understand many like the direction Mazda is going, but there are plenty of us who don't.

I love my Gen 1 CX-5 and I have very rarely had anything negative to say about it. I hope everyday that nothing ever happens to it until it's time, because I don't love the Gen 2.

You cannot fault someone who is absolutely in love with their car for specific reasons to be completely disappointed in a new direction for the same product that either destroys what they like about it, or otherwise makes something worse in order to appeal to a new market.

I can't speak for Uno or others, I for one would never buy a Mercedes product. But I am speaking simply for me. Keep calling it generic whining if you want, but I am simply voicing my displeasure....

As plenty of people on YOUR side did leading up to the Gen 2 with things like sound deadening, etc. I won't disparage you or anyone else for liking what they like, just please don't disparage me or others who have had our CX-5s for years, and like other things and are otherwise displeased with the change.

if you own a cx5 and you do not like "where mazda is headed" why in the world would you still be looking to purchase the same suv or even yet the same brand? that's kind of moronic. if I don't like something I walk away slowly and look at things I think are better. they're not going to head back and take you or your opinion into account, they will take into account the opinion of people that actually like the car/ the brand and the majority of people as of now like the car, like the style, like what they offer and where "the brand is headed".

You are dead wrong.

A segment of people complained about the noise of the Gen 1 CX-5 on this board for years. What happens? Gen 2, suddenly the noise is one of the biggest things they improved.

So if you just want a forum full of Mazda bootlickers where they can do no wrong at all, fine, but don't act like having some negative feelings towards features, an issue, or a direction for the brand doesn't matter.

This isn't a circlejerk. This is a board for enthusiasts, and everyone has their own definition for what that means. I for one couldn't give 2 s**** about the road noise, and much prefer the fact that my Gen 1 is lighter and quicker than a Gen 2 with the same engine.

Last edited:
Whiners?! Lmao!!

Yeah before Gen 2 was a thing, I just assumed I'd replace my CX-5 with another CX-5 when the time came. Nowadays? Not so sure.

Your post more accurately states where I am at the moment with the Mazda lineup.
I guess I am just struggling a little with it before I do walk away from the brand altogether. I bet anything Mazda would rather me be struggling to walk away than just walk away.

You are dead wrong.

A segment of people complained about the noise of the Gen 1 CX-5 on this board for years. What happens? Gen 2, suddenly the noise is one of the biggest things they improved.

So if you just want a forum full of Mazda bootlickers where they can do no wrong at all, fine, but don't act like having some negative feelings towards features, an issue, or a direction for the brand doesn't matter.

This isn't a circlejerk. This is a board for enthusiasts, and everyone has their own definition for what that means. I for one couldn't give 2 s**** about the road noise, and much prefer the fact that my Gen 1 is lighter and quicker than a Gen 2 with the same engine.

is not about a complain or if you're an enthusiasts or not. is about how you express your opinion. some come out as whiners, plain and simple. you cant get everything you want in this world some of you need to learn that or move on.

is not about a complain or if you're an enthusiasts or not. is about how you express your opinion. some come out as whiners, plain and simple. you cant get everything you want in this world some of you need to learn that or move on.
Yeah...move on to what exactly?

A value buyer would say 35,000 plus or minus 5,000 if i get good value.This is part of the struggle for Mazda but I dont see Signature MSRP as outrageous. Expensive for sure - not ridiculous. Sales numbers will tell the final story.

Exactly
35K for a Signature
Literally 5K+/- more for a Porsche Macan S, for example, that has the capability of being easily modded with a $1K ECU/PDK tune to perform almost as good as their top $80K model. Shop around and be patient it is not always a $25K difference as you stated. It could be just a 2 to 5K difference.

Now on the other hand there is the wife factor. That's a whole other struggle.

Exactly
35K for a Signature
Literally 5K+/- more for a Porsche Macan S, for example, that has the capability of being easily modded with a $1K ECU/PDK tune to perform almost as good as their top $80K model. Shop around and be patient it is not always a $25K difference as you stated. It could be just a 2 to 5K difference.

Now on the other hand there is the wife factor. That's a whole other struggle.

a macan S for $45k or less? where do you live I want to live there now or are you talking pre-own?

LOL at the wife factor. there's ways around that struggle .

CD, you're taking this too personally. I doubt anyone here considers you a whiner; I certainly don't. You've expressed your opinion clearly and consistently. I can't think of anyone deprecating your preferences. And it's good for you to do that here, because Mazda is probably paying attention. They will note your opinions, even if the don't do what you want.

There's really only one whiner around here, and now he has a cheerleader. You know, the guy who complains about almost everything regarding KEs AND KFs. You know, the guy who hates his car and can't wait to replace it, but doesn't do it for a variety of [probably valid] reasons. Some people just like to b****.

The way you express your opinion makes the difference in whether it's "expressing your preferences" or plain old whining, bitching, complaining. Is it constructive? Based on facts? Have any purpose except to vent?

One other thing. I think your criticism of changing attitudes around here is misplaced. The board is not a monolith-- it's just the collection of the members' posts. And the membership changes over time. Different people with different opinions. Some of the people who've been around a long time may have changed their priorities/needs/wants. There's nothing wrong with reacting differently to changing circumstances. In fact, it's essential. And the cars keep changing. By the time you're ready to replace your car, the CX-5 is liable to be up to gen 4 or 5.

The only thing constant is change. One thing's for sure: Mazda will never make another KE CX-5. It's good that you're learning to maintain yours.

That's the point. A lot of us Gen 1 folks are a completely different market than what Gen 2 appeals to. It's not whining, I like what Nelson said...it's a critique. I understand many like the direction Mazda is going, but there are plenty of us who don't.

I love my Gen 1 CX-5 and I have very rarely had anything negative to say about it. I hope everyday that nothing ever happens to it until it's time, because I don't love the Gen 2.

You cannot fault someone who is absolutely in love with their car for specific reasons to be completely disappointed in a new direction for the same product that either destroys what they like about it, or otherwise makes something worse in order to appeal to a new market.

I can't speak for Uno or others, I for one would never buy a Mercedes product. But I am speaking simply for me. Keep calling it generic whining if you want, but I am simply voicing my displeasure....

As plenty of people on YOUR side did leading up to the Gen 2 with things like sound deadening, etc. I won't disparage you or anyone else for liking what they like, just please don't disparage me or others who have had our CX-5s for years, and like other things and are otherwise displeased with the change.

You are dead wrong.

Thank you, well said...

You are dead wrong.

Well said.

CD, you're taking this too personally. I doubt anyone here considers you a whiner; I certainly don't. You've expressed your opinion clearly and consistently. I can't think of anyone deprecating your preferences. And it's good for you to do that here, because Mazda is probably paying attention. They will note your opinions, even if the don't do what you want.

There's really only one whiner around here, and now he has a cheerleader. You know, the guy who complains about almost everything regarding KEs AND KFs. You know, the guy who hates his car and can't wait to replace it, but doesn't do it for a variety of [probably valid] reasons. Some people just like to b****.

The way you express your opinion makes the difference in whether it's "expressing your preferences" or plain old whining, bitching, complaining. Is it constructive? Based on facts? Have any purpose except to vent?

One other thing. I think your criticism of changing attitudes around here is misplaced. The board is not a monolith-- it's just the collection of the members' posts. And the membership changes over time. Different people with different opinions. Some of the people who've been around a long time may have changed their priorities/needs/wants. There's nothing wrong with reacting differently to changing circumstances. In fact, it's essential. And the cars keep changing. By the time you're ready to replace your car, the CX-5 is liable to be up to gen 4 or 5.

The only thing constant is change. One thing's for sure: Mazda will never make another KE CX-5. It's good that you're learning to maintain yours.

you stole the words out of my head as I was typing. no need for me to even write them.

Yeah...move on to what exactly?

some of the people here seem to have their eye on what they want but prefer to stay here and complain about a car/brand they own even though they know themselves know another car brand would satisfy their needs. which is why they come out as whiners.

A cheerleader? Ha, that*s funny. Well, if that*s the case, quit trying be nice to Colorado because we have the EXACT same believes toward ours and the present CX-5. I love my CX-5 just as much as he does, I*ve been screaming for the turbo engine since 2015, and that*s honestly the only thing mine lacks that I give two s**** about...

Fair enough guys. I guess I am just voicing my opinion in the hopes a Gen 3 or 4 appeals once again.

Of course my tastes may change by then, who knows. But for now, I just hope that as Mazda grows, gets more sales, they don't forget about the segment that got them started on their success with SkyActiv.

With regards to Uno, I won't agree with his wishy-washiness on the CX-5, he certainly is not in love with his like I am with mine. That said he has made some good points lately and Nelson is probably a lot like me in what we like.

Anyway, I will continue to love my CX-5, watch and see what happens, and in the hopes Mazda is watching, voice what I think.

Last edited:
Back