Test drove a '19 GT-R and Signature today

I can't comment on the X3, but the RDX and CX-5 2.5T perform very differently:

- The RDX has a dead pedal affect (turbo lag). You press the gas and there's a very noticeable delay before it finally takes off. However once it does, it really moves.

- The CX-5 2.5T is like a V-8. Power delivery is seamless. There is no noticeable turbo lag.

I have no idea which one will ultimately produce better 0-60 numbers. Although the Mazda feels faster, I think RDX might be the 0-60 winner if you do a launch. I'd gladly sacrifice a little 0-60 time in order to get seamless acceleration without the dead pedal affect. The Mazda also sounds so much better. The RDX was on my short list until I actually drove it.

I'm also anxiously awaiting expert CX-5 2.5T track reviews.

P.S. I have yet to drive the CX-5 with premium fuel. That test will be soon.

I liked everything about the RDX except the funky joystick transmission shifter. Completely turned me off the car.

Going to pick up a Machine Gray Signature this weekend. Any reason the 2018 WeatherTech floor and cargo mats wouldn't fit on the 2019?

Also responded in the other threat where you asked the same question ... they should fit perfectly.
I'm planning to transfer the same mats from my '17 to the '19 once it arrives.

I liked everything about the RDX except the funky joystick transmission shifter. Completely turned me off the car.

^^I agree.

The entire instrument panel/interior in the RDX is way over cluttered/over complicated. Acura's approach seems to be to maximize gadgets/settings/modes/displays/options etc. Mazda's approach is more toward providing the important features yet make them as uncluttered/simple/intuitive as possible.

I find beauty in simplicity but maybe the millennials prefer the Acura approach.

Mazda's approach is more toward providing the important features yet make them as uncluttered/simple/intuitive as possible.

I'm not sure I wholly agree here. While Mazda definitely takes the simpler, intuitive approach, some of the menu options are buried so far that it can get annoying sometimes. I guess that is one area where a touchscreen has a big advantage. It can be easier to touch a small button on the display vs. navigating menus with the HMI Commander switch. For example, there are some who don't like the HUD. Because the HUD always turns on with the car, those people have to go into the menu and disable the ADD every single time they start the car. However, if the ADD could be toggled with a button on the touchscreen, that makes turning it off every time much less of a hassle. Of course, ideally they would just make it so that the ADD would remain ON or OFF, instead of having it default to ON every time the car is turned on.

Can't have it all, I guess.

^^I agree.

The entire instrument panel/interior in the RDX is way over cluttered/over complicated. Acura's approach seems to be to maximize gadgets/settings/modes/displays/options etc. Mazda's approach is more toward providing the important features yet make them as uncluttered/simple/intuitive as possible.

I find beauty in simplicity but maybe the millennials prefer the Acura approach.

How can you not like this:

roa080118dpt-drives-rdx-02b-1533618656.jpg

(screwy)(screwy)(screwy)(screwy)(screwy)(screwy)(screwy)

I thought the brakes sucked too, cargo space lacked but it is pretty nice effort overall.

The RDX brakes do suck, Caranddriver calls them "limousine brakes" lol, the CX5 sig also has a better interior, not only design but materials quality is better too, imho.

Hi, 27 here. Acura can stay the hell away from me!

How can you not like this:

roa080118dpt-drives-rdx-02b-1533618656.jpg

(screwy)(screwy)(screwy)(screwy)(screwy)(screwy)(screwy)

Jesus that just looks bad, like the Honda. And is that seriously another push button shifter? (puke)

No. They already dumped the hand ebrake now they make it inconvenient to manually gear select...removing driver involvement speaks for the target market.

Has Acura always had a touchpad? Wonder why they're sticking with it, it was terrible when Lexus did it.

Yeah, I think Mazda does a terrible job of advertising. They should be screaming about the high reliability rankings and high crash test scores. They released the Mazda 6 and CX5 with the 2.5T and there is no press about it at all. Zero.

Agreed w/terrible- but I did hear a cx-5 ad other day- now w/signature trim and turbo..

The only ads theyre playing here are turbo and Siggy ads...They use a Machine Grey for the 6, and a SRC for the CX-5.

I do agree, though, that their advertising as a whole sucks...

Look at the buttons on the Citroen C5 :) especially the steering wheel. I used to have a C5 in 2009 and yes the steering wheel did get confusing, although only the outside of the wheel rotated and not the middle where the buttons are. The aircon controls were nice and confusing too as each side was duplicated which meant you had double the number of buttons for each function.(spin)

cache.php

Sorry for going off topic, won't happen again(wiggle)

Boy that just sounds like a mess.

I don't own a TV, no idea what Mazda commercials look like, but their new slogan sucks.

Back