Help Me Deal With This 2018 Mazda 3 Lemon

That definitely sucks. Problem is though, it's not typical of the product or the industry to see something like this happen.
I strongly suspect this is a one off problem, and if they can fix it, you'll probably be fine.
The damage sustained is in the emotional connection with the car, more so than just the mechanical problem.
Like you, if it were me, I'd always have this incident in the back of my mind when driving the car, even years down the line.
I don't know anything about the U.S lemon law, but I'm guessing one incident will not qualify you for a return/refund.
As for compensation, absolutely ask for stuff. At least ask for your money back that you spent on the taxi.

That definitely sucks. Problem is though, it's not typical of the product or the industry to see something like this happen.
I strongly suspect this is a one off problem, and if they can fix it, you'll probably be fine.
The damage sustained is in the emotional connection with the car, more so than just the mechanical problem.
Like you, if it were me, I'd always have this incident in the back of my mind when driving the car, even years down the line.
I don't know anything about the U.S lemon law, but I'm guessing one incident will not qualify you for a return/refund.
As for compensation, absolutely ask for stuff. At least ask for your money back that you spent on the taxi.

Agree on all counts. I think that for the Lemon Law to take effect, the dealer has to attempt to fix the issue at least 3 times, without resolution. I believe the rules vary from state to state though.

Definitely fight for compensation on the taxi you had to take and the hardships you had to endure. You could probably squeeze them for 3-5 free oil changes, maybe a free major service.

Can I ask why you did not take it back to the dealer you purchased it from?

It could be something as simple as a loose ground connection or a failing battery. Weird things can happen when electrical power is intermittent.

The Mazda 3 is pretty reliable. Sucks to hear about your issues. Seems like a obvious issue. They should be able to get this fixed.

Back