Clear Coat Scratches Removed

:
2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE
Used some Meguiar's Ultimate Compound to get clear coat scratches off the hood of the CX-9.
It works great.

It takes A LOT of energy to work the scratches out. At one point, I was leaning into it pretty heavy. It did no damage or hazing to the clear coat at all.

The deepest scratch wouldn't come out but it's much reduced and really hard to notice. Also, there was a paint scrape on the back of one of the rearview mirrors; it was removed entirely.

After, I applied a polymer wax and it looks really good.

I don't work for Meguire's I just wanted to share my experience. Didn't think to post pics, sorry. I'll check back in and let you know how it holds up over time.

Ya ill be buffing and then polishing a scratch out in the garage. Some a-hole decided to be lazy and not push a shopping cart into the return area and the wind blew it and scratch my driver's door :(

Ya ill be buffing and then polishing a scratch out in the garage. Some a-hole decided to be lazy and not push a shopping cart into the return area and the wind blew it and scratch my driver's door :(

That's a drag. Yeah, it seems like the harder I try to avoid dings and scraches, the more of a magnet I become. Lol

Any abrasion reduces the thickness of the clear coat, including a top quality polishing compound like this one. Use it judiciously.

One polish maker used to have a graphic of a scratch showing sharp edges. After limited polishing the edges were now rounded and much less noticeable. That's a thing to keep in mind.

Fruitwolf, look into semi-permanent clear coat products, also called ceramic or nano coatings. These are harder than paint and can offer more protection as well as a great look. They also last much longer than the polymer sealant. Gyeon Q2 MOHS is the one I use. https://www.esotericcarcare.com/gyeon-q2-mohs/

Back