Would you like the option for a foot activated rear lift gate?

Should a Foot activated rear lift gate be an option?

• Yes

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
:
2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring
Ok..time for another poll.
Foot activated rear lift gate yes or no?
Seems like a pretty useful feature, but any reasons against it?

It would be nice, but all these nice to haves are going to drive up the cost even more.

Funny experience the other day. My city puts on a hazardous chemicals drop off a a couple of Saturdays a month. I piled up my 2013 CX-5 with a bunch of stuff I can*t throw in the garbage and went to the site. The guys working there went to open the back gate to unload the stuff and couldn*t figure out how to do it. I got out to help, and one of them was waving his foot under the bumper.

If I had to pick which feature to have between

folding mirrors / foot activated hatch / remote start

I'd get remote start.

I hate the power hatch on my Infiniti. Its so freaking slow. But if you turn it off I hate the resistance I feel from the hatchs shocks/struts whatever they are even more.

I always thought these were a bit gimmicky. As others have said they tend to be slow and honestly I can't think of too many times where my hands were full with something I couldn't easily set down.

To open, no. But I'd love to have foot activation for closing after I have my hands full with groceries. Would definitely come in handy for me.

Seen too many requiring expensive repairs. I addition, the broken ones would not let the owner manually open the tailgate. Just too much mechanism to expect long term reliability from what I'v observed. Ed

To open, no. But I'd love to have foot activation for closing after I have my hands full with groceries. Would definitely come in handy for me.

From our resident barbarian...wow! If there were a delete option on the 2019 gtr I'd check that box in a second. Having no choice..yeah it should have some form of automation i suppose.

From our resident barbarian...wow! If there were a delete option on the 2019 gtr I'd check that box in a second. Having no choice..yeah it should have some form of automation i suppose.
I may be a barbarian but I can recognize something that's tangibly helpful to my day to day when I'm hauling stuff. My detached garage is very far from my condo, so I'm always trying to haul as much in one trip as possible which can be difficult to close the liftgate with hands full heh.

Have it on my X1. Never use it. In fact, gets annoying because it occasionally opens when I don*t need while washing my car, etc.

I don't have it so I don't know what I'm I'm missing.

I'm happy with what I have now but I'll keep an open mind if it comes to a future model I might buy.

Have it on my X1. Never use it. In fact, gets annoying because it occasionally opens when I don*t need while washing my car, etc.

I can see this happening!
i guess a simple fix is to have your key far away when washing the car...but that sucks.

Had it on a few rentals and my brother in law has it on his car. Feature was never used. I wouldn't pay to have this added.

I personally think that Mazda's current line up is configured quite nicely in the 2018-2019 models. They provide plenty of lux while competing with the likes of the Pilot, Accord, CR-V, etc. When you start adding too many luxury features, the price bracket gets higher, and it may eventually come to the point where it becomes too expensive to compete with the value of a Honda, while lacking in too many aspects to compete with the Audi/BMW/Merc equivalent. That would lead to a significant drop in sales.

valid point,
however, if you look at companies like Hyundai, they offer pretty neat features like this without blowing up the price bracket.
True all these luxury items are not a need, but if other competitors offer them, Mazda will have to eventually do the same to compete no?

Besides the price of our cars didn't jump all that much after mazda added luxury items like the heated steering wheel/ ventilated seats/ folding mirrors/ carplay/ 360 backup camera.

Had it on a few rentals and my brother in law has it on his car. Feature was never used. I wouldn't pay to have this added.

I personally think that Mazda's current line up is configured quite nicely in the 2018-2019 models. They provide plenty of lux while competing with the likes of the Pilot, Accord, CR-V, etc. When you start adding too many luxury features, the price bracket gets higher, and it may eventually come to the point where it becomes too expensive to compete with the value of a Honda, while lacking in too many aspects to compete with the Audi/BMW/Merc equivalent. That would lead to a significant drop in sales.

Back