Heater coolant flow direction, inlet/outlet?

tagetoft

:
CX-5 2,2 Aut
Hello everyone
I'm about to install a heater with an electrical in line pump in my CX-5 2.2D. Would anybody know the coolant flow direction to the heater? Which hose at the firewall is inlet/outlet? Thank you
heater_flow_direction.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone
I'm about to install a heater with an electrical in line pump in my CX-5 2.2D. Would anybody know the coolant flow direction to the heater? Which hose at the firewall is inlet/outlet? Thank you
cache.php
If you have a good feel of touch the inlet is going to be the hotter one, outlet should feel cooler.

Hi Tagetoft,
Nice job and just as winter sets in. It would be nice if you could write a diy on how you installed the engine Heater/ coolant heater and what make did you use so that we who live in Sweden and Canada could use your experience.

That's useful because I was having a hard time deciding which line to daisy chain into the turbo set up I prototyping.

Sorry for my late reply * I was off-line *

Sure: The case is that I dislike the start of ice-cold diesel engines. I usually have a Webasto heater in my cars. Very convenient! I usually install it myself. But it*s an 8-hour job to install the heater. I don*t have the time (or the garage) now. So I was looking for a simple solution to warm the engine.

teufel.jpg

A found this one. It has an in line circulation pump. Very simple and a 90 minutes install job. The install is just to cut the hose to cabin heater, mount the heater and arrange the cable to the front bumper. If you put clamps on the hoses you don*t have to drain the coolant fluid.

9 out 10 times when I want it heated the car is in the drive way next to a power outlet. I have a phone/timer-controlled switch on the outlet. 60-90 minutes of heating makes a nice warm engine to start. A couple of minutes after start the car it*s fully defrosted. I*m pretty happy with it for now.

front_plug.jpg

Also cheaper with a couple of Kwh instead of 0,4 l fuel to run the Webasto for 30 min *

Sorry for my late reply * I was off-line *

Sure: The case is that I dislike the start of ice-cold diesel engines. I usually have a Webasto heater in my cars. Very convenient! I usually install it myself. But it*s an 8-hour job to install the heater. I don*t have the time (or the garage) now. So I was looking for a simple solution to warm the engine.

teufel.jpg

A found this one. It has an in line circulation pump. Very simple and a 90 minutes install job. The install is just to cut the hose to cabin heater, mount the heater and arrange the cable to the front bumper. If you put clamps on the hoses you don*t have to drain the coolant fluid.

9 out 10 times when I want it heated the car is in the drive way next to a power outlet. I have a phone/timer-controlled switch on the outlet. 60-90 minutes of heating makes a nice warm engine to start. A couple of minutes after start the car it*s fully defrosted. I*m pretty happy with it for now.

front_plug.jpg

Also cheaper with a couple of Kwh instead of 0,4 l fuel to run the Webasto for 30 min *

Neat, have not seen a system like this before.

Back