2016.5 CX-5 Front Splash guard installation

LeftyS7

:
2016.5 CX-5 AWD GT
I got the rears done after discovering that the instructions were unclear on a significant detail, now I'm trying to do the front. At first glance it looked to be much easier than the rears. However, the instructions say to cut out a square (as was necessary for the rears). There is supposed to be a hole in the piece behind the place cut out over which one slides a clip nut (just as one did for the rears). Feeling behind it does not seem that there is a hole but, rather a square piece cut out so that there will be no place to slip on the clip nut. I don't want to make the cut and discover that this is the case.

Can anyone help me? Specifically with a 2016.5 because there do seem to be a few minor differences from the 2016 from what the rear instructions show.

Thanks

Here's how

I got the rears done after discovering that the instructions were unclear on a significant detail, now I'm trying to do the front. At first glance it looked to be much easier than the rears. However, the instructions say to cut out a square (as was necessary for the rears). There is supposed to be a hole in the piece behind the place cut out over which one slides a clip nut (just as one did for the rears). Feeling behind it does not seem that there is a hole but, rather a square piece cut out so that there will be no place to slip on the clip nut. I don't want to make the cut and discover that this is the case.

Can anyone help me? Specifically with a 2016.5 because there do seem to be a few minor differences from the 2016 from what the rear instructions show.

Thanks

Trial w/o error: NO, do not cut out the piece shown as the part behind it has the cut out which fits the nut side of the clip nut which you fit over the front piece (where it shows you should cut it out).

Back