Battery I-Eloop mazda 6 GT

kterawaki

:
Mazda 6 GT 4 Cyl
Hi, I own a mazda 6 GT 2016 4 cyl. I got the "Battery System need to check" (something on those lines). I called the Jim Ellys dealership in ATL and the first thing they toll me over the phone is that I need a new battery and it will cost close to $600.00. I am just curious if is normal that a batter with 3+ years need to be replaced???? Any help would be great.

I don't know if that is normal for the battery to only last 3 years on the M6, but you can replace it with a AGM battery. THe I-Eloop system requires a battery that can withstand rapid charge and discharge cycles which AGM batteries can handle. If you install a regular lead acid battery it will not last and will fail in a year or 2.

You can wait and see if the warming message will go away on its own. It might have been just a temporary warning, I remember reading in the owner's manual having to let the I-Eloop capacitor charge up a bit before driving off if the car has been parked for a few days because the capacitor does self discharge.

Hi, I own a mazda 6 GT 2016 4 cyl. I got the "Battery System need to check" (something on those lines). I called the Jim Ellys dealership in ATL and the first thing they toll me over the phone is that I need a new battery and it will cost close to $600.00. I am just curious if is normal that a batter with 3+ years need to be replaced???? Any help would be great.

Look at my other post about supercap.
I also have a '16 GT, and I got the "Battery Management System Malfunction" every week (on for a day and gone).
Read my story there. I thought it was the supercap, but it ended up that it was the Q85 battery (12V).
This battery is expensive (>$300) and need labor to reprogram. However, I got Mazda/dealer to pay for it. $0 from my pocket.

If dealer is not helpful, get the case number, and call MazdaUSA.
My co-worker also made MazdaUSA/dealer pay for it.
It usually happens between 3-4 yrs (barely out of warranty).
Be nice when you call. Being angry might get you nowhere.

Last edited:
Back