Panoramic roof who wants it as an option?

Panoramic roof who wants it as an option?

• Total voters
:
2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring
Taking a Poll to see who would like to have an option for Pano Roof?
many cars in this segment now offer this, but mazda as of yet has not.

They use glass. Its what they add on/in the glass to block IR (heat) spectrum of light that differs. On my GTI I never close the shade and the sun doesnt feel like its beating down on me. Through most of the summer on the CX-5 the shade is shut because it does feel like the sun is beating down on you. Ergo if they dont fix that whats the point of panoramic. Also often with the panoramic sunroof you get a perforated shade so they really need to get that right or dont do it at all.

Would be nice if it was a stand-alone option (not likely). If Mazda does add it, it will either be standard across the board or only available on higher trims.

My guess would be on gt reserve and signature.

Edit: actually probably just replace where current sunroof is. Theyd have to do engineering work to account for the larger hole structurally. Doesnt make sense to have another version with a smaller hole. That just adds cost and complexity.

Last edited:
Yes Id like pano roof. Ever since those got introduced the little sunroof hole seems as dated as a cassette deck.

I would love this style to be on all the Mazda's:

kai-concept-2018-downward-angle-edited_o.jpg

They probably add it in the next generation of each model. I bet we see it on the 3 first.

Also I cant think of a major competitor that doesnt have it so they really are behind here. And it matters if they want the upscale market.

Edit: ok apparently Honda CRV also doesnt.

Last edited:
Not me. I HATE sun roofs. The most common problems with them are water leakage, rattling, and glass breakage. And I dont need the sun on me when I drive. I think sun roofs should be offered as a single stand alone option thats not grouped with other options and trim levels. Im considering a 19 CX-5 Touring model. I would opt for the GT instead if the GT didnt have the sun roof as standard equipment.

They probably add it in the next generation of each model. I bet we see it on the 3 first.

Also I can*t think of a major competitor that doesn*t have it so they really are behind here. And it matters if they want the upscale market.

Edit: ok apparently Honda CRV also doesn*t.

I*ve never owned a vehicle with a panoramic roof but I usually get the sunroof/moonroof. I assume there is a shade to block direct sunlight from above? Having the sun shine directly on you all the time you*re driving even if the glass is blocking the heat would get annoying fast. I would say have it as an option on the higher trims. Going upscale would be nice, but it*d also be good to have the choice a good, affordable vehicle without all the bells and whistles. If the new CX-5*s prices start at above $30K because it*s gone upscale, that is shutting out the average family buyer that just wants a decent people mover who dont want/need 20 way adjustable this and that and and luxury doodads. And going a size down to the CX-3 would not work for a family of four.

Last edited:
Yes there is a shade on my VW. Due to the size its a roll up that is in the headliner. No space for a solid one like whats on the Mazda. Also on the VW its perforated like the roll up sun shades you see on high end cars. I usually leave it open as the glare hasnt been and issue often. And even though its not solid the shade is actually quite effective so I have no complaints.

Another cool quirk is your shade can be closed with the sunroof fully retracted!

I don't even have a regular sun roof on mine. Too many hailstorms, I don't want that over my head lol.

But what about center of gravity when Im racing it on the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

[emoji23][emoji23]

Oh and Yes

Last edited:
Yea... that*s a concern of mine. I*ll be back in The Springs this spring

Yeah, last 2 springs/summers here have been brutal with the hail. My Mom's Subaru was absolutely wasted. I lucked out and didn't get caught up in any of the storms, but had I been, no way in hell I would want a sunroof over my head. Bad enough the hail was blasting peoples' windshields and back windows to hell.

well i guess we'll find out 11/27 when they unveil the next gen mazda3.
pretty much every model in that segment offers a pano, ie GTi and Veloster.

Also I can*t think of a major competitor that doesn*t have it so they really are behind here. And it matters if they want the upscale market.

Edit: ok apparently Honda CRV also doesn*t.

Latest posts

Back