Panoramic roof who wants it as an option?

Panoramic roof who wants it as an option?

• Total voters
If youve never been in one or ever owned one, I guess its fair to say you wont and dont know the value of ambience.
And if you have been in one and do not care for it, well to each their own.
But for people who like the feel of open space pano is a good luxury item to have.

Because it's usually offered on higher priced trims?
What's luxurious about it?

So the Jeep Cherokee is lux now?

When even Jeep has Pano and Mazda doesnt......

I know the HP and zoom zoom folks are peeved at Mazda leaving them behind for the higher end market, but really pano sells...even if it adds a higher CoG....people like my wife dont care.

Mazda is focusing on the folks that dont want to shell out for a BMW Audi or Benz, but still want luxury features, which Mazda is doing very well at.

well said! (drinks)

When even Jeep has Pano and Mazda doesn*t......

I know the HP and zoom zoom folks are peeved at Mazda leaving them behind for the higher end market, but really pano sells...even if it adds a higher CoG....people like my wife don*t care.

Mazda is focusing on the folks that don*t want to shell out for a BMW Audi or Benz, but still want luxury features, which Mazda is doing very well at.

One of my friends has a big ass Ford Pickup truck with a pano: it doesn't feel lux. At all. It doesn't make the Jeep feel lux.
It also adds zero "ambiance" when you're sitting in the front seat.
I liked it in my other friends Audi...I was in the backseat that time.
I don't dislike the pano roof...
I'm just not paying extra for it.
When every car has that specific option, is it still lux? I bet BSM felt lux at one time too before everyone had it.
Finally, you know the 9 would get it first. If Mazda adds this, it is years away.

Last edited:
If you*ve never been in one or ever owned one, I guess it*s fair to say you won*t and don*t know the value of ambience.
And if you have been in one and do not care for it, well to each their own.
But for people who like the feel of open space pano is a good luxury item to have.

Since you don't know me, that's a ridiculous statement. As you said, to each their own. Don't make the mistake of thinking that if someone has a different opinion that they haven't experienced it. Unlike 7, I do dislike them, and standard moonroofs as well.

When I'm driving, I'm not looking at the sky, and when I'm in my car, I'm always the driver. I don't need extra light from the roof. Also don't need the extra weight, reduced structural rigidity, possibility for leaks, reduced protection in a roll-over, and extra expense. I've got no use for them. Nothing luxurious about them for me, all negatives.

No doubt our definitions of luxurious are quite different.

Since you mentioned it, I do like the feel of open space. The way I get my open space is by living in it, not by driving under a panoramic sunroof in the city. I prefer that ambience. But to each their own. :)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you agree or not.
I never said you havent experienced a car with pano did i? Im just saying if you havent ,maybe just maybe you dont appreciate the ambiance it offers. And if you have, and dont appreciate it, Thats fine. But dont make the mistake of saying something that I didnt.
You dont like moon roofs, good for you. Im sure you drove plenty of cars with and without it to come to your conclusion.
And the claims you state are obviously all valid, but a luxury item is a want not a need right?
Just as long as everyone enjoys driving and keep their eyes on the road.
;)

Since you don't know me, that's a ridiculous statement. As you said, to each their own. Don't make the mistake of thinking that if someone has a different opinion that they haven't experienced it. Unlike 7, I do dislike them, and standard moonroofs as well.

When I'm driving, I'm not looking at the sky, and when I'm in my car, I'm always the driver. I don't need extra light from the roof. Also don't need the extra weight, reduced structural rigidity, possibility for leaks, reduced protection in a roll-over, and extra expense. I've got no use for them. Nothing luxurious about them for me, all negatives.

No doubt our definitions of luxurious are quite different.

Since you mentioned it, I do like the feel of open space. The way I get my open space is by living in it, not by driving under a panoramic sunroof in the city. I prefer that ambience. But to each their own. :)

Last edited:
But it adds ambiance when youre sitting in the back right? :p

Also it might not feel luxury to you since luxury is quantified differently amongst different people. But if someone is paying premium for it as an option. It is a luxury item especially if it adds creature comfort to that specific driver. Obviously this is not you.

One of my friends has a big ass Ford Pickup truck with a pano: it doesn't feel lux. At all. It doesn't make the Jeep feel lux.
It also adds zero "ambiance" when you're sitting in the front seat..

when done correctly I love sunroofs, especially panoramics.
the one in my X3 is awesome.
I'd like to see one offered on the signature trim but only having it on a certain trim would probably raise production costs for Mazda.

when done correctly I love sunroofs, especially panoramics.
the one in my X3 is awesome.
I'd like to see one offered on the signature trim but only having it on a certain trim would probably raise production costs for Mazda.

Yeah, I never open my sunroof but always leave the shade part open. I like the light.

I*m the same way. Shade almost never shut. I use the pop up vent but don*t fully open all that often.

I'm pretty much the same as well. i vent up for circulation instead of opening the windows.
I don't so much open the shade during the daytime but at night, it's almost a requisite ;)

I keep the shade closed and forget I have a moonroof, let alone sunroof, unless my wife opens it or I go to a carwash or something.

Back