Michelin Xi2 early season snow blast review

:
'16.5 JBM CX-5 AWD GT tech, '19 Veloster N
Mounted these up (225/65-17) last week and damn glad I did. I had my old dunlop wintersports that were loud, really loud toward the end of their lifespan. They handled great (better than anything non uhp for sure) but were just ok when it got bad. Michelins solved the noise issue 100%..amazingly quiet for a winter. The handling is soft but secure, oddly the ride is still pretty choppy which is my only small gripe. Left work @730 probably 4 inches down still coming down in earnest roads were bad, shockingly so in a few cases(untouched.) I helped push a few spun out fail wheel drivers ill prepared for the conditions which given the date ill give them a pass this time:) Thereafter i was following an old accord on a windy back road and he's ripping around corners at or about the speed limit and i actually had to fall back a tad..doing fine hooking great off the line but 1st time on these in weather goal #1 is don't end up in a ditch like idk easy dozen or so in 35 miles home were. We get to a light i have to first give props then ask bro wth are you running? Not surprisingly blizzaks..ah but before i say "oh crap" i hear the word..studded. Which made total sense and made me feel better about my choice. Fast forward to my untouched culdesac (dead ends for rich ppl..wait why am i here then?) front fascia is making contact in the ruts few victory donuts and down the driveway ie the torture chamber. Nannies off 1st gear locked in can she make it out? YES! With very little drama which is high praise, very high praise. Overall I'm very pleased the mich is doing exactly what I hoped less one minor downside-the ride comfort, otherwise great, better handling, hopefully better wearing than a bliz giving up very little in legit bad conditions.

Last edited:
Mounted these up (225/65-17) last week and damn glad I did. I had my old dunlop wintersports that were loud, really loud toward the end of their lifespan. They handled great (better than anything non uhp for sure) but were just ok when it got bad. Michelins solved the noise issue 100%..amazingly quiet for a winter. The handling is soft but secure, oddly the ride is still pretty choppy which is my only small gripe. Left work @730 probably 4 inches down still coming down in earnest roads were bad, shockingly so in a few cases(untouched.) I helped push a few spun out fail wheel drivers ill prepared for the conditions which given the date ill give them a pass this time:) Thereafter i was following an old accord on a windy backroad and he's ripping around corners at or about the speed limit and i actually had to fall back a tad..doing fine hooking great off the line but 1st time on these in weather goal #1 is don't end up in a ditch like idk easy dozen or so in 35 miles home were. We get to a light i have to first give props then ask bro wth are you running? Not surprisingly blizzacks..ah but before i say "oh crap" i hear the word..studded. Which made total sense and made me feel better about my choice. Fast forward to my untouched culdesac (dead ends for rich ppl..wait why am i here then?) front fascia is making contact in the ruts few victory donuts and down the driveway ie the torture chamber. Nannies off 1st gear locked in can she make it out? YES! With very little drama which is high praise, very high praise. Overall I'm very pleased the mich is doing exactly what I hoped less one minor downside-the ride comfort, otherwise great, better handling, hopefully better wearing than a bliz giving up very little in legit bad conditions.

Thanks for the entertaining read Monterra!

I will definitely be looking at these next time I buy snow tires. The Blizzaks wear too much on the many days in our winter where there isn't any snow on the roads. Great for the snowstorms, but wearing out fast on the other days. My guess is that they'll be done after this winter.

Back