Infotainment screen setting - Auto/Day/Night

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech
The Mazda Infotainment system has a few options for screen brightness. But it's not looking like the Auto option is doing anything. I would think the screen would be brighter during the day and darker at night. Curious if anyone else is seeing similar.

I notice when you adjust the dash brightness (you turn the stem that sticks out where you push to reset your trip ODOs) this effects the screen brightness of the infotainment screen as well. Kind of messes with the setting you choose in the infotainment settings. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited:
We have it on auto, which is the default.
It dims when you have headlights on.
In daytime, it temporarily dims even when you go under a bridge or overpass.
There's a sensor somewhere, maybe you have yours covered or something.

Updated .546 and now seems to be working.

However, when changing the stations (using favorites list), via the steering wheel, it used to move through the list either up or down. Now I'm seeing an issue in v59.00.546 using AIO v2.8.3 tweaks. Seems to move through the FM stations but jumps past the XM. Not sure if the tweaks being installed are related. This started with .546 and I used v2.8.3 to ad tweaks back.

When updating f/w I remove all tweaks, factory reset, update f/w, add AIO tweaks and then change any infotainment settings.

Back