Rear Speakers Stopped Working

RichardCX5

:
2014 CX5 Sport Nav (GT) MT 2.2D 150ps
I noticed yesterday that theres no sound coming from the rear door or D-pillar speakers of my 2014 CX-5 with Bose.
Ive been running different speakers in almost every position for some time without issue, and recently installed a Sony XAV-AX100 which was also working very nicely.
The setup is that the Sony feeds the factory Bose amp via its pre (line) out connections, in the rear doors I have Polk Db652s, and JBL GTO329s in the D-pillars.
I realise that theres an impedance mismatch between the Bose speakers and the ones I have installed, so Im leaning towards this causing a fault with the amp ☹️

I havent done any testing yet but will test the outputs from the Sony first. Just wanted to ask here if one else has had issues with their custom setups running through the Bose amplifier?
Thanks!

Too much Britney Spears.

Oops!... I did it again?

Actually I managed to fix it, but Im not sure how. I took the Sony out and checked the connections there, and that got the rear speakers working again.
Whilst I was there, I wired the corner dash speakers directly to the Sony speaker-level outputs. Ive got Kicker 41KSC354s there which tend to sound a bit over-the-top with the Bose EQ. Connected straight to the Sony, they sound great and a much nicer balance to the rest of the system [emoji16]

Those speakers, can handle the output from the Sony?
I have managed to blow my 3.5" Polks, and the Polk amp because of these small speakers, could not handle the power from the amp. Repaired the amp myself and get rid of those speakers and all is good now. I only use the Focal Flex components now.

Those speakers, can handle the output from the Sony?
I have managed to blow my 3.5" Polks, and the Polk amp because of these small speakers, could not handle the power from the amp. Repaired the amp myself and get rid of those speakers and all is good now. I only use the Focal Flex components now.

The Sony is 55w and the Kickers are rated at 50w with 100w max so I would have thought it will be okay as long as I dont keep it too loud (yeah right [emoji28])

Back