Alternate jacking points

:
Mazda,CX-5 GT
Changed the wheels for winter yesterday with my garage floor jack. It doesn't have the same shape as the OEM hand jack so I couldn't use the jack points from the manual. But the undercarriage has plastic cover so I can't see where the hard points are, so I ended up using the inner suspension mounts.

So where is a good alternate jack point for a floor jack or for a 4 point garage hoist?

Changed the wheels for winter yesterday with my garage floor jack. It doesn't have the same shape as the OEM hand jack so I couldn't use the jack points from the manual. But the undercarriage has plastic cover so I can't see where the hard points are, so I ended up using the inner suspension mounts.

So where is a good alternate jack point for a floor jack or for a 4 point garage hoist?

You can use the frame rail which is just inside of the pinch weld jack points. Also thre is a "honeycomb" portion near the aft portion of the front subframe that is a jack point. If you have AWD the rear differential has a projection on it for use as a jack point.

Back