Any way to improve BT connectivity on 2014 Touring?

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
In our 2014 Touring, we have both mine and my wife's phones paired with the car. USUALLY it will pair with whichever phone was last connected, if that same phone is present. But for instance if my wife last drove the car, and then I drive it somewhere by myself, it will sit there and say SEARCHING forever and ever and ever... until I manually hit BT Setup, go in and select my phone, and set my phone to music and phone control. And even then sometimes it will fail to connect, or otherwise take an extremely long time to connect.

Is this just an issue with the system itself? Any way to improve connectivity? I wish it would just ask which phone to connect when first touching the BT tab after starting the car, if it detects that both phones are within range. Otherwise just go ahead and connect to whichever phone is in the car at the time.

In our 2014 Touring, we have both mine and my wife's phones paired with the car. USUALLY it will pair with whichever phone was last connected, if that same phone is present. But for instance if my wife last drove the car, and then I drive it somewhere by myself, it will sit there and say SEARCHING forever and ever and ever... until I manually hit BT Setup, go in and select my phone, and set my phone to music and phone control. And even then sometimes it will fail to connect, or otherwise take an extremely long time to connect.

Is this just an issue with the system itself? Any way to improve connectivity? I wish it would just ask which phone to connect when first touching the BT tab after starting the car, if it detects that both phones are within range. Otherwise just go ahead and connect to whichever phone is in the car at the time.
It's just garbage firmware/hardware set up of the NB1 unit. Sometimes mine does it to even with the replacement BT module. Often I can't fix it until I can turn the car off and then back on. This is highly annoying as I pretty much use Pandora exclusively for music. Sometimes turning the BT on the phone off does the trick, but if it doesn't the h/u will still say connecting. I don't understand why they would separate the BT from the headunit. When it has connectivity problems it messes up USB playback and Pandora/phone media playback.. I mean my handheld TomTom 4XX from like 2008 handled BT better and faster lol.

It's just garbage firmware/hardware set up of the NB1 unit. Sometimes mine does it to even with the replacement BT module. Often I can't fix it until I can turn the car off and then back on. This is highly annoying as I pretty much use Pandora exclusively for music. Sometimes turning the BT on the phone off does the trick, but if it doesn't the h/u will still say connecting. I don't understand why they would separate the BT from the headunit. When it has connectivity problems it messes up USB playback and Pandora/phone media playback.. I mean my handheld TomTom 4XX from like 2008 handled BT better and faster lol.

I mean my handheld TomTom 4XX from like 2008 handled BT better and faster

I totally believe that the NB1 headunits are from before that time. I think the Mazda connect system wasn't ready when the model launched and they shoehorned in an old OEM system for the first 3 model years. The user interface is very much early to mid 2000's. Mazda didn't design either system - they're both from a now defunct Johnson Controls unit.

Oh yes the hu is on the mazdaspeed 6 lol it's old for sure... very obsolete. It should have never went into the gen3s

Back