2017~2024 Text Message Name Display is Incorrect - 2018 CX5 GT

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 GT
Hello,

In June I bought a 2018 CX5 GT and have very unimpressed with the infotainment system. :-( I have several issues that completely bug me (why satellite radio cuts names off after 14 characters or so and no album artwork) but that's a complaint for another time.

My issue is that that often when I get a text message it displays an incorrect name from my phone book. I am using a Samsung Galaxys S7 Edge connected via bluetooth. For example I'll get a text from my friend "Michelle" and then I'll get a follow up text but the display says it's from "Uncle Pete" or some random contact from my address book- but it's not. This happens all the time (meaning any driving session I get texts) but maybe only on 20% of my texts not every one. It's not part of a group text, this happens in 1 to 1. I tried to disconnect and reconnect the phone but the same thing happened. On my prior vehicle I was using (same phone, same phone software and same app) this did not happen. Dealership has no clue. Anyone else experience this?

TIA,
Glenn

I have the same issue! Usually the first text will have the correct name but all subsequent ones will be a variety of wrong names.
In curious if it's an android issue, I use a google pixel xl.

Back